Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, Drake/Ghoul Question!?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
GaiasWrath8
OK, so I have a player, he is a drake. This drake has gotten infected with that damn ghoul virus...

Lucky for me, that was were we ended off.

So please help, how the hell do I do a Drake Ghoul?

Would the stat modifiers affect the Drake form? What about his sight in drake form? Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.
Ancient History
...I rule that drakes are automatically immune to all versions of the HMHVV virus. The guy just caugt VITAS III or someting and is under the weather. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Herald of Verjigorm
In the odd chance that a near-human dracoform can actually catch the virus, it'll be an interesting mess.

The creature will be mostly blind but dual natured, both forms. Since the attributes of the drake form are modifiers ontop of the human form, any attribute changes affect both forms.
Ol' Scratch
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that if a particularly strain of HMHVV didn't affect a victim of the disease by transforming them into one of the listed types of creatures, it instead kills them. I don't know where that's coming from as I'm really really rusty on my rules-fu lately, but I do believe that's how it works.
Herald of Verjigorm
Since ghouling is the only HMHVV strain that doesn't require a potential host to be technically dead before the infection can do anything, I don't think it applies in this case. All the others require essense to be drained to 0, which either means death or catching the strain of vampirism used to do the drain.
GaiasWrath8
Interesting so far. Ancient History has the simple way out. smile.gif

So my options are:
Make him sick.
Make him a Ghoul.
Make him Die.

Maybe I should give this a die roll. LOL

OK, to make this a little clearer, and please correct me if I am wrong and should do something different.

Drake team breaks into lab. The lab is messing with blood from different types of infected. The drakes tries to intimidate the lab tech into telling him what the different blood samples do. The tech tells him that that one will permenetly increase the strength of a person who injects it into there blood. With out a second thought the drake injected Ghoul blood right into hims arm...
Jrayjoker
Have him develop a massive blood clot from dissimilar blood types and clotting factors.

Make him roll body versus 8D or be forever hooked up to a ventilator in a persistent vegetative state due to massive stroke.

I don't think he should be considered a metahuman, so how would you treat an infected weretiger?
GaiasWrath8
Big Difrence.

A were anything has a crazy regen abilty. I consider them to be immune to any of this or other shit that could fall into this catigory.

A drake is a metahuman who has a magic ability to take drake form. If the drake is human, he is considered human for all other reason, like Karma pool.

Jrayjoker
OK, I guess I don't know squat about drakes. I've never looked at them closely. I just assumed they were on the order of weres and moved on.
hyzmarca
Make him roll the unaugmented Body test vs Essence of the blood doner if you haven't already. He only needs 1 success to fight off the virus, at the cost of some permenant damage (blindness, skin discoloration, or ect according to the SRC) if he doesn't get treatment.
He only needs 2 successes to escape with nothing but a week or two of illness, like a flu.

Krieger Strain take 90 days to run its course and can be treated in the first month, before symptioms appear, according to SRC. It can possibly be treated in the second month, as well. By then he should know that something is wrong.

He should have ample oppertunity to avoid being Goulified
Eldritch
Apply all the ghoul negatives to him.

Then wait till he gets hungry. And only dragon flesh will nourish him

Then tell him to stop being a dork and jaming every needle that says 'Inject me' into his arm. Next time just line a bunch of potions up for him to experiment with smile.gif

Mortax
QUOTE (GaiasWrath8)
A drake is a metahuman who has a magic ability to take drake form. If the drake is human, he is considered human for all other reason, like Karma pool.

Um, actually, since it says one of their powers is metahuman form, I don't think they actually are metahuman. P.184 Dragons of the 6th world

I'd say it has no effect. The other strains might kill, like how HMHVV1 killes a sasquatch, but HMHVV2 turns them into a Bandersnatch. Duno, true drakes, nothing. Bread drakes, I'd prolly say no effect, I'm not sure why though. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012