Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does FFBA stack in second edition?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FritzZero
I'm currently playing a campaign using second edition rules. though due to the relative age of the printings, find myself (personally) mostly with 3rd edition supplements (CC, M&M). Our GM does have pretty much all of the 2e books, so their specific gear-related rules override anything in the newer books. However, I don't have a Street Sam Catalog, while he does.

So, I'm planning my latests shopping list for next session, and I had a question regarding the description of FFBA in the Street Sam book - I know it's listed there (as the sourcebook updates at the back of the 2e rulebook indicates). I know in 3e that FFBA does not count against quickness/combat pool penalties when stacking, but 2e specifically states (p 242) that "no matter how many pieces of armor are worn, only the highest rating counts for damage resistance tests."

so, can anyone with access to SSC confirm/deny that FFBA does indeed run counter to that (e.g. can i indeed stack FFBA + Armored Jacket), and if so, are there penalties to actions/combat pool based off of quickness?

thanks.
Harper
Hi Fritz0,
The simple answer is that FFBA as per SSC is listed as not usable with any other Body Armor. Sorry, no stacking of armor ratings, that is only available to intergrated armour systems, per Fields of Fire.
FritzZero
QUOTE (Harper)
FFBA as per SSC is listed as not usable with any other Body Armor. Sorry, no stacking of armor ratings,

Honestly, i'm thrilled about that - it feels like every character i've seen for 3e has had an armored jacket layered over FFBA, and that seem.. sketchy. I would have been happy to have layered armor myself, not wanting to die and all... but i probably would have felt dirty the whole time.

Danke.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012