Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much upkeep on my garage?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nick012000
I don't have Rigger 3. I do have the NSRCG, though, which I used to generate a vehicle expert adept.

So, I've seen it posted that R3 says that riggers have to pay an amount every month, proportional to the cost of their vehicles/drones. How much would the following garage of vehicles cost me to maintain every month?

Gaz-Willys Nomad 34500
-Concealed Armor 8 16000
-Datajack Port 2500
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
--Ingram Valiant LMG 1500
---Gas Vent 4 1000
---Smartlink 2 900
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
--FN-AAL Gyrojet Pistol 1000
---Smartlink 2 900

Ford Canada Bison 145000
-Concealed Armor 9 18000
-Datajack Port 2500
-Mini-turret (popup) 1500
--Ingram Valiant LMG 5000
---Gas Vent 4 1000
---Smartlink 2 900
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
---Smartlink 2 900

Crysler Nissan Jackrabbit 16500
-Concealed Armor 8 16000
-Datajack Port 2500
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
---Gas Vent 4 1000
---Smartlink 2 900
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
---Smartlink 2 900

Eurocar Westwind 2000 Turbo 77000
-Concealed Armor 9 18000
-Datajack Port 2500
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
---Gas Vent 4 1000
---Smartlink 2 900
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
---Smartlink 2 900

Aeroquip Redball Express 85000
-Bench Seat 750
-Vehicle Armor 9 12500
-Datajack Port 2500
-Mini-turret 5000
---Gas Vent 4 1000
---Smartlink 2 900
-Internal Firmpoint 1500
---Smartlink 2 900
hermit
Okay. Costs for garage space aside (read the SSG), it's always 1% of a car's converted price (including mods) in upkeep. You can also pay more fees for registration and insurance, but hey, if you run someone over with your tank-like Bison, insurance treally is not gonna be the top problem (that wo0uldn be the two Yellowjackets trailing you, and I doupt the insurance covers collateral damage from burning Yellowjacket pieces anyway). Besides, you're an outlaw and have no SIN, you couldn't pay taxes and things if you wanted to.

Anyway. For you, that would be:

Nomad: nuyen.gif 613

Bison: nuyen.gif 1773

Jackrabbit: nuyen.gif 433

Westwind 2K: nuyen.gif 1058

Redball Express: nuyen.gif 1110,5 (propably round up to 1111, GM's call)

On a side note: why all the cars and no drones? Drones, especially small crawlers (Arachnoid) or a Kitty 3K, are ideal for recon eve if you can only manually remote-control them. Especially the Kitty.
nick012000
Because he isn't a rigger, he's an adept with a Datajack (+1 Reaction, -1 to some TN while jacked in) & Smartlink2, Improved Ability (Cars) 6 and Improved Ability (T-bird) 2. No RC network for him. He manually flies the one drone he has. That's why it has a seat installed.

I bought a Lifestyle w/ Medium space, Low security + location, and Street everything else good enough as a garage?

Also, does the extra armor for the RV stack, or does only the best apply?
Edward
Medium space should work but I would go beter than low on security, that is a lot of hardware your storing and not in a good naberhood.

Also I believe there is a way you can run a remote control network without a VCR, you would be limited to cantons chare mode and low initiative but it could still be invaluable.

Edward
hermit
Well, there are rules for storage space only, too - on p. 135, SSG says
Garages: The space required by vehicles is up to the Gamemaster, with Low being enough to park an average car with little room to spare, while Luxury-sized space could be used as a garage for several trucks and trailers.

With your many vehicles, I'd recommend High for space. You don't have trailers, but ... well, you have five vehicles, and apart from the jackrabbit, they're not quite small ones.
Additionally, do you own a vehicle shop or facility? If so, you might want to take into consideration that
Workshops and Facilities: A shop requires Middle-level space, while a facility requires Luxury level (see Tools, p. 288, SR3). Tools need to be purchased separately if the character wants to use them. It is also possible to rent a workshop or facility complete with tools; divide the cost of the shop or facility by 100 to determine monthly tool/equipment rental. When a workshop is attached to a garage, the gamemaster will need to determine how many vehicles can be put into it.

Also, I would strongly advise against anything lower than high security for my gear spot. Even that won't be enough sometimes, but it will deter the ordinary punk. Personally, I'm a bit paranoid, and also add some Edges concering security on top of my life styles, but that's just me.

As for Edges, you might want to consider 'Good Insulation', 'No More Neighbours, 'Reliable Utilities' and Escape Tunnel (the classic). Balance with flaws of your choice.

Also, you CAN operate drones using a videogame-like interface on a RCD, which is what I was talking about. And a kitty 3K isn't quite the combat monster even when rigged, anyway, but it's very inconspicuous when scouting. Noone bothers about an alley cat, after all. (SSG, p. 120, has some stuff on that; although I strongly recommend good encryption). But anyway, seeing the two Red Samurai Deus Drone warrior packs in that ruined mall opposite the chocolate factory on a telecom screen would provide you with much more intel than not checking that building out, wouldn't it? That'S what the IMFU Kitty 3000 (or, as in the English SSG, the Ares Felix the Synthcat) is for. It's available at 14.000 nuyen.gif and comes with three removable fur coats. I recommend creating a fourth, themed 'dirty alley cat'.
Edward
If you want a truly convincing coat for your sinthcat then walk threw a naberhood bad enough to have stray cats (but good enough that they are not all eaten buy people) and kill yourself an ally cat, for a couple of hundred (maybe thousand) nuyen a taxidermist will happily restore life to your unfortunate pet so that nobody will ever know the difference.

Or maybe its 4:10 AM and I am just feeling overly morbid, if so I sincerely apologise.

Edward
hermit
No, that's actually a great idea. smile.gif
mfb
whoah. dude, check the CF value for that stuff, especially concealed armor--at 3 CF per point, there's no way your vehicles should be packing that much armor. heck, the jackrabbit only has 1 CF to begin with. not to mention the load; (body^2*5)kg per point is going to break the chassis on most of the vehicles you've got listed.

if you want lots of armor stack on the personal armor. that stuff's great; it protects you against small arms fire with almost no added weight. it's only half as effective against AV weapons, of course, but quantity over quality is workable in this case.
Edward
Now that I look again that is correct, most of your vehicles are over loaded, go back to the drawing board and calculate load and CF consumed buy your modifications, I doubt any of them will be able to support what you have done.

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012