Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "people space"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aku
How is people space calculated if you're designing a vehicle? do you just set aside so much from your normal CF and load?

EDIT: actually it looks like it's set by the approriate power plant+ some chasis adjustments, correct?
hermit
If you have CF to spare, you can allocate 'people space' by installing benches and/or bucket seats. Both available for really tall people (orcs, trolls, extremely fat deckers and riggers) too.
Ol' Scratch
Yes, "People Space" is just CF and Load points that you set aside and label as "People Space." Some accessories come with a limited amount of People Space as part of its cost, such as seats and benches, and some chassis come with free People Space as well (such as RVs). But beyond that, you have to assign extra PS you need or want from your standard CF/Load ratings.
Aku
that seems really...stupid to me.

Why didnt they just increase the CF and load costs for things that need "people space"
Ol' Scratch
Don't ask me. I didn't design the system.
Edward
I believe the people space option was intended for things like ships, a small ship could operate with or without people space, if it did not have people space then it would have to return to dock so people could sleep of ship. It is the option you choose for crew cabins, as well as taking much of the available CF on a luxury boat, the cabins (both for guests and crew), galleys, dining rooms, deck recreation arias are all people space. Rarely would you use the people space option on a land vehicle although RVs caravans and any other sleep in vehicle or vehicle witch needs space for people to perform some action without siting in a seat would use it.

Edward
Pthgar
People Space is also used for setting aside work areas, if I remember correctly. For instance, you can set aside PS in your yacht for a machine shop or medical facilities, if you want.
Johnnycache
Or like, for retrofitting a freighter to smuggle passengers in secret, or setting up minimal living areas in a panel van for a stakeout?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012