Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Evil Personnality of the Corporate World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
JesterX
Silly Poll... ^_^
Ancient History
There might be a serial-rapist I'm forgetting, but I'll vote Halberstam.
hermit
Whatever is leading Aztech. I go for 'other'.
Kagetenshi
What, no Cham Lam Won?

I'll have to think on this one, but I'm leaning toward Dunkelzahn. Except he isn't really corporate…

~J
JesterX
Well, I didn't even tought about Cham Lam Won! Shame on me!!! ^_^

Well, as for AZT, Roxborough is on the board of director... ^_^
Mr.Cato
without knowing too much about the big picture .... I sense a dark aura around Lofwyr.

...and I think dragons have more evil-potential than mere humans
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Sherman Huang always struck me more as 'distasteful' rather than 'evil', I suppose.
Ancient History is *always* right, so I'll vote Halberstam too.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate)
Sherman Huang always struck me more as 'distasteful' rather than 'evil', I suppose.
Ancient History is *always* right, so I'll vote Halberstam too.

You are going to give him a big head. Now I have to go rip on his spirits and clothing threads to take him down a couple pegs.

I voted for Roxborough.
Jrayjoker
But Halberstam is a real bastard.
Ancient History
Hell, Dunkie was on the board of AZT too. I prefer targeting humans...at least we can understand their evil, and frankly they've less excuse than "Well, my sire raised me to think metahumans were only good for a snack or a shag, sorry."
JesterX
I'm the loony who voted for Richard Villier...

I suspect that there was an awful lot of wetwork related to his ascension to Fuchi and the to Novatech... ^_^
FlakJacket
Evil is such a subjective term. smile.gif
JesterX
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Evil is such a subjective term. smile.gif

True... Just take David Gavilan/Damien Knight for instance... ^_^ It explains EVERYTHING!
Grinder
Lucien Cross. Would have chosen Lofwyr, but we all know he doesn't exist, he's just a PR-gag.
Yoan
QUOTE (Grinder)
Lucien Cross. Would have chosen Lofwyr, but we all know he doesn't exist, he's just a PR-gag.

Good to know I wasn't alone in my vote. wink.gif
Garland
I voted Halberstam. That guy's sick. The rest of them... well... seem more "harshly amoral" rather than actually evil. Lucien Cross, for instance... He seems more contrarian than diabolic.

And Lofwyr, for goodness sake; he's not out to destroy people for the sheer joy of it. He's just out to make a buck, like you or me. He's just bigger and smarter.
FlakJacket
You could argue that Halberstam isn't out to destroy people for 'the sheer joy of it' either. He's a man of science that's trying to push the boundaries of knowledge and help improve the world. That a few people in a world of billions must be sacrificed for this is a sad but necessary evil, the good of the many outweighing the good of the few.
Grinder
QUOTE (Yoan)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 9 2005, 03:07 PM)

Only few are able to see the True Face Of Death wink.gif Welcome, Brother.
Ancient History
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
You could argue that Halberstam isn't out to destroy people for 'the sheer joy of it' either. He's a man of science that's trying to push the boundaries of knowledge and help improve the world. That a few people in a world of billions must be sacrificed for this is a sad but necessary evil, the good of the many outweighing the good of the few.

What are you, his funding PR guy? Halberstam wants to rule the world. nyahnyah.gif
Yoan
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 9 2005, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Yoan @ Jun 9 2005, 09:12 PM)

Maybe it's because I'm an Anglophone (well, arguably) in Quebec, or maybe it's his early machinations in the aptly named 'Nanosecond Buyout'.

Edit: and The Seraphim are just creepy.
Grinder
You have the Gift, that's the whole secret. smile.gif
DocMortand
Where's info on Halberstam? I haven't read the threats book yet, so I figured I might as well get the info on where to look first from here.
Grinder
Wasn't it Aztlan sb?
Halabis
QUOTE (Ancient History)

Uhh, doesnt Roxborough regularly rape young boys? (no im serious i think it was in the DH trilogy)
Kagetenshi
That would be… difficult.

~J
Supercilious
My vote goes to Halberstram. He is perpetrating evil for the sake of evil, a far as I care.

Roxborough would be my second pick, I never knew that he raped little boys. That is definately an evil act.
Aardvark892
Halberstam... he's not your typical "corporate raider" but he sacrifices kids to make "super deckers".
Cochise
Other: Buttercup ... Just don't ask why ...
JesterX
QUOTE (DocMortand)
Where's info on Halberstam? I haven't read the threats book yet, so I figured I might as well get the info on where to look first from here.

Threats have some info
Virtual Realities 1.0 (For the first ed. of Shadowrun) also got some story about him...
You can also find info about him in the Psychotrope Novel

Basically, the guy is the inventor of the ASSIST interface and doesn't even care much about this anymore... what he wants is:

To invent a biological based artificial intelligence by connecting children as soon as they are born to the matrix...

He is well known for paying for abducted childrens (ESPECIALLY Otaku) to dissect their brain and connect them to the matrix....

He is kinda really sicko...
JesterX
QUOTE (Cochise)
Other: Buttercup ... Just don't ask why ...

Hahahah! lol

Buttercup, Evil?! lol

Naahh.. She is too cute and funny to be evil! ^_^
Supercilious
Cute and funny is a cover. She thirsts for souls.
JesterX
QUOTE (Halabis)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 9 2005, 12:47 PM)

Uhh, doesnt Roxborough regularly rape young boys? (no im serious i think it was in the DH trilogy)

Yep, he does that... in his virtual world...

<<<< MAJOR SPOILER WARNING >>>>

Now that he is connected 24/7 to the matrix (being some crap in a vat to keep him alive in a Delta-Clinic in Aztlan), he used to usually spend some time raping young virtual boys...

Now, where he is, he won't be a problem anymore... ^_^ He is kinda trapped in a virtual nightmare:

An ultra-violet host known as the Wonderland... The artificial paradize of Alice Haefner (sp?) the former wife of Kyle Haefner (sp? again...) the UCAS prez. after Dunkie's death.

Alice was trapped in the matrix while fighting the 2029 virus... (Or probably that her conscience merged with the virus code back then... nobody knows for sure...)

In my games, she got a split personnality known as ISIS, the creator of Isis-9 Otaku faction.

JesterX
I'm kinda surprise about the popularity of Dunkie, David Gavilan and Sherman Huang

Sherman Huang = Former manager of Renraku America and director of the Seattle Arcology. (Now, he replaced Aneki-sama as Renraku CEO). Along with Cham Lan, he is responsible for the creation of the Deus entity.

David Gavilan/Damien Knight = CEO of Ares Macrotech. Probably responsible for the creation of the virus that caused the crash of 29'. Former leader of the Echo Mirage team. He is a ruthless bastard that wants to dominate the world. He is also responsible for killing hundreds of peoples and astral entity in Chicago with the Sub-Tactical nuke and then with the Strain-3 Beta astral virus.

Dunkie = Almost no dirt can be found about that great dragon. However he helped financing MAJOR 6th world operation such as the nanosecond buyout and Acquisition Technologies. (So, he is closely related to both Thomas Roxborough, Damien Knight and Lucien Cross). He plotted SEVERAL stuff but has a serious knack for remaining behind the curtain. Some dirt can probably digged by examining "Portfolio of a Dragon" more closely.
JesterX
QUOTE (Yoan)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 9 2005, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Yoan @ Jun 9 2005, 09:12 PM)

Maybe it's because I'm an Anglophone (well, arguably) in Quebec, or maybe it's his early machinations in the aptly named 'Nanosecond Buyout'.

Edit: and The Seraphim are just creepy.

Quoi? Y'a rien de mal à être un Québécois anglophone... Ok, nous, les Seraphim on garde un oeuil sur toi... mais c'est pas une raison pour avoir peur de nous! ^_^

Translation:

What? There is nothing wrong being an anglophone in Quebec. Us, the Seraphims, we keep a close eye on you... That's not a reason to be afraid of us!

But seriously, Cross got some major dirt to be digged... being related to Rexborough, Dunkie, Damien Knight and such... ^_^
frostPDP
Possible crackpot theory as to Dunkie's motivation (spolier warning, maybe): The Shedim must never reign.

One major advantage which metahumans have over these bad boys is science - I doubt a Horror would ever get the basic interface of these. Thus Dunkie would find men like Cross and Knight who know how to make that stuff work and help them.

Rox, on the other hand? Dunkie probably tapped him and went on the Aztech board to try to limit/steer-in-the-right-course Aztechnology's plans. When he offed himself to power that whatchamajigger (You can see my knowledge on the topic dissipating) you see that he lost control not only on the sicko Rox but on Aztechnology - And he did what he had to do to stop a major FUBAR situation.
DocMortand
In one of the more modern SBs out there (I can't recall which one) didn't Rox get sprung from Wonderland? I don't remember which book it was in, tho, sorry. I know in one of the SOTA books Rox's status got updated.
pragma
I voted Lofwyr because of the whole attempt to subjugate Europe and willingness to eat his suboordinates thing...

Though, as long as we're playing point of view games, he's not evil -- just hungy.

I suppose the same could be said of horrors though ...
nick012000
What about the head of Shiawase? The man had his daughter infected by a vampire just to test the effectiveness of a prototype HMHVV vaccine.
JesterX
QUOTE (nick012000)
What about the head of Shiawase? The man had his daughter infected by a vampire just to test the effectiveness of a prototype HMHVV vaccine.

The Shiawase family are a pretty funny bunch... Assassination attempts between one another.... and so on... ^_^

Of course, all of this is only behind the scene... because they tends to look like a really happy family in front of the public. ^_^
Grinder
Always considered that to be normal behaviour at corp sharks families.
JesterX
QUOTE (Grinder)
Always considered that to be normal behaviour at corp sharks families.

I've always liked the relationship between Richard and Samantha Villier... ^_^

Come on! They are too intelligent for each other and can't stand living with one another... However, when their divorced life, Samantha is almost always included in Richard's schemes as an active participant. The ending is always really profitable for both of them.

Can you call this "love"? love.gif

Hey... that gives me an idea... Samantha is damned rich, looking good, eligible, in the early 40's... Hmmm... What if I hook her up to one of my player's character? What will Richard will think of this even if they are divorced for a long time? There is something nice to do with this... ^_^ hehehe
Grinder
Come on! She is said to look as if 40, but is way older... uah... biggrin.gif

I never understand why intelligent-as-fuck corp shark marry women who are as cunning, cold-hearted and intelligent as them?
Demonseed Elite
(Now, he replaced Aneki-sama as Renraku CEO).

Not true. Haruhiko Nakada is interim CEO of Renraku, though Sherman Huang definitely thirsts for the top spot.
Snow_Fox
I went with Roxborough. The others may be ammoral, and at least one is dead but Roxborough is the only one who is openly insane.
Angelone
Gotta go with Roxy too. For some reason I love to hate that freakish blob.
Panzergeist
Grendel.
Foreigner
I voted for Roxborough--however, I haven't read all of my SR novels yet.

To borrow a line from The Joker (Jack Nicholson) in BATMAN (1989)--

"Wait'll they get a load of ME...."

nyahnyah.gif

--Foreigner
Panzergeist
Wait, who is Roxbourough, and where can I see stuff about him?
SpasticTeapot
Drop bears. First, Australia; then, the world!

Seriously, though, I put whatever the blazes is controlling Juan Aztepolco. It's likely some sort of Horror, bent on completely ruining the universe as we know it. My current PC is a Horror(with a capital H)-phobiac, of course.
Angelone
Roxy is one of the people running Aztechnology. He has some condition that basically liquified him. He has to live in vats inside of a Delta clinic in Central America, where he is always connected to the matrix. He's an overall bad guy who instead of going to his father's funeral made a business deal, he rapes young boys via the matrix, and tries to get his doctors to put him in other peoples bodies. You can find him in the Dragon Heart Saga books, and he's mentioned in a few sourcebooks (Corporate Download is one of them) as well as posts in some.

EDIT- He also caused the Crash of 29, whether his company actually made the virus or let it out of (Dunk's?) system hasn't been determined, as far as I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012