Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Capt. Chaos' Icon?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Has the Capt.'s Icon ever been described? He's one of the best known people in the shadows, and from my recolection, his icon has never been described (at least that I know of). I always pictured him looking like capt. America, but w/ a 'C' on his head instead of an 'A', and an anarchy symbol on his chest instead of a star.

But if anyone knows, or has had some other ideas, I'd love to hear it. Most other dekcers' icons (FJ, Silvery K, etc) hav eall been described. I just can't find his anywhere.
Pthgar
I always saw him as a version of "Cap'n Crunch."

One early Phone Phreaker/Hacker was called Captain Crunch because he found a whistle from the cereal produced the same tone as Bell Phone's long distance test signal. With it he could make free long distance calls.

I thought "Captain Chaos" was a nod to the early phreakers.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Pthgar)

One early Phone Phreaker/Hacker was called Captain Crunch because he found a whistle from the cereal produced the same tone as Bell Phone's long distance test signal. With it he could make free long distance calls.

Alas, I weep for the now obselete Phone Phreaks.
Crimson Jack
I would imagine that if he his icon has been described, its in one of the novels. I don't remember a sourcebook talking about his matrix representation. I always imagined that he looked like a techno pirate. Jake Sparrow and all that.
Panzergeist
I imagine him looking like Maddox from The Best Page in the Universe.
scoundrel
I imagine him looking like Captain Underpants.
Supercilious
I always did see the anarchy captain america, but I could also invision him looking like Lex Luthur, Mysterio, any number of pirates, Dr. Xavier.

Mostly comic-book characters.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Pthgar)

John Draper, early mentor to Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.

~J
mfb
here's an obscure one. anybody ever play Loaded, that old PS top-down shooter? remember the crusty pirate, Cap'n Hands?
Fresno Bob
Yeah, that game ruled.
Catsnightmare
LOL! Having been old enough to remember the late 70's early 80's I don't think I'll ever be able to shake the image of Dom DeLouise in the bright orange mask and cape when someone mentions the name "Captain Chaos".
Mugzy
Damn, that's one I haven't heard in a while, but I gotta say run with it.

Does he have an Agent with him that looks like Burt Reynolds that stuffs hay in his mouth?

He should at a that point, and say "Have no fear, 'Him' is here.." when he shows up.
Pthgar
Dun! Dun! Da!
viggo
I picture RMS.
Moirdryd
I`ve always thought it would be something close to the Captain Chaos from the Cannon Ball Run flim series.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012