Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Japanese SR edition?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
nunix
Anyone have any info on this? Image of the cover, ISBN (or JPN equivalent), etc..

Going to be in ye olde Nippon in a couple of weeks, and I was going to try tracking down a copy of this to at least flip through. I don't even know what year it was published!
hermit
It's old, out of print, and never quite sold well, or was popular, in Japan. Good luck finding it!

But, should you have that luck, please scan in the art so everyone can enjoy it! Not only cover, but interior art, too. smile.gif
Ancient History
I flicked through a copy once. Okay. Some stock SR2 art, some new stuff, a couple little cartoons. Nice hardback w/dustjacket.
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
QUOTE (Ancient History)
I flicked through a copy once. Okay. Some stock SR2 art, some new stuff, a couple little cartoons. Nice hardback w/dustjacket.

Is there anything SR related you haven't done? Inquiring minds want to know.
Ancient History
I don't own any foreign-language SR products, although I've flipped through a few at auctions. I don't have the museum-scale troll, or a full collection of the CCG. I've never met anyone who wrote SR or worked for FASA in person. I own no BABYs, and no signed copies of anything. I've yet to get a functioning copy of the fan-translated Japanese Sega Mega CD game, although I've got a couple of its music tracks. Speaking of which, I've never yet gotten around to getting all the SR songs into a single place, and I really wanted the soundtracks from the video games.

I have yet to collect all the varied Shadowrun magazine articles, and I'm still missing a few issues of Ka*Ge and Shadowland, although now I have an electronic copy of the CCG publication.

And I haven't translated the umpteen other German SR novels yet.

Incidentally, the Japanese SR book went for over $100 at auction when last I saw it.
Wounded Ronin
1980s sterotypical Japanese decor is *essential* for any hideout or martial arts discussion: http://www.daveworks.net/examples/totleben/14.html
Janus
QUOTE (nunix)
Anyone have any info on this? Image of the cover, ISBN (or JPN equivalent), etc..

I know. I'm sorry it is likely too late, but I haven't know about this thread until now.
Belows are Japanese SR books. They were published between 1993 and 1997.

Shadowrun, the Secound Edition(Japanese)
ISBN4-8291-7239-8
'Shadowrun ga yoku wakaru hon'(A learning book of Shadowrun) guidebook
ISBN4-8291-4283-9
'Tokyo eye-shot Shadowrun city file' mini-sourcebook
ISBN4-8291-4307-X
Tokyo Sourcebook
ISBN4-8291-7337-8
'uragiri no kouzu'(Entangled betrayal) scenario book
ISBN4-8291-7312-2
'Replays' Vol.1 'Shittui no majutushi'(A fallen magician)
ISBN4-8291-4286-3
Vol.2 'Akumu no kokuinn'(A mark of nightmare)
ISBN4-8291-4300-2
Vol.3 'Kage heno shissou'(A run into the shadow)
ISBN4-8291-4317-7
Vol.4 'Shinshokku no mashu'(An invasive malicious)
ISBN4-8291-4332-0
'Shikkoku no sennki'(A jet-black warfiend) novel
ISBN4-8291-2701-5
Mangas Vol.1 ISBN4-04-926090-5
Vol.2 ISBN4-04-926100-6
Vol.3 ISBN4-04-926104-9
Vol.4 ISBN4-04-926116-2
Vol.5 ISBN4-04-926124-3

'Shadowrun ga yoku wakaru hon' was written by Shinobu Murakami & Group SNE. Mangas were drawn by Kazuma Saiki. 'Shikkoku no sennki' was written by Akira Egawa. Everyelse were written by Akira Egawa & Group SNE.

I wish aboves help you in any way.
Fortune
QUOTE (Janus)

Did you read this? Was it actually about Jet Black? Can you give us a brief synopsis?
Janus
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Janus @ Oct 13 2005, 09:12 PM)

Did you read this? Was it actually about Jet Black? Can you give us a brief synopsis?

Yes, I have and read it.
One of main character is a chromed troll with jet-black skin. The title is derived from him.
About a brief synopsis... my pleasure. Would you wait a day or two?
Fortune
QUOTE (Janus)
One of main character is a chromed troll with jet-black skin. The title is derived from him.

Damn! Not quite the elf rocker I was thinking of. Oh well ...

About a brief synopsis... my pleasure. Would you wait a day or two?

That's cool, and thanks. smile.gif
Ancient History
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Janus @ Oct 14 2005, 03:01 AM)

Damn! Not quite the elf rocker I was thinking of. Oh well ...

Jet Black was human, Fortune ol' buddy ol' pal. You're getting him confused with Dark Angel.
Fortune
Yep, you're right. Posting at 3 AM is sometimes not conducive to remembering little pieces of trivia. embarrassed.gif

Still ...

Damn! Not quite the human rocker I was thinking of. Oh well ... wink.gif biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
IIRC from the little media run about some band (can't remember for the life of me what it was called) isn't Jetblack now a vampire hiding out somewhere in Seattle with his hard core groupies/gestalt?
Janus
Hi, Fortune. Below is the brief synopsis.

It based on SNE setting Tokyo in 2050.

Kei, the central character is a teenage street girl with the talent on martial arts. Shar, her master is killed by a troll during some investigation. And she vow revenge against the troll.

But the troll, going handle by Kuhan and with jet-black skin, has his own to do. He is a Fuchi corprate-military deserter and has a control program of Power system of Tokyo. He plans to settle a metahuman haven in exchange the program. Of course, Fuchi don't let him to do...

During the chases and fights between Kei, Kuhan and his soldiers, and Fuchi company-men, Kei know she is not only a talented martial artist but also a physical adept. And now she is awaking with murderous urge.

At climax, Kuhan's plan is defeated. It is seem he lost everything, he find his final mission... to be a challenge to Kei to make her a true physical adept. Can she defeat him without drowning the hate and urge...?

Would it be useful? I am hoping so.
Fortune
That's great. Thanks for taking the time for this, Janus. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012