Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Books I haven't heard of
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jrayjoker
Has anyone heard of these books for sale at ebay right now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I am unfamiliar with them and was curious as to their content/quality/usefulness.
Req
Ah, DMZ. That's the sort of ill-fated Shadowrun tactical combat game, right? I never played it.
Ancient History
Maps and minis type of game in the DMZ boxed set, yes. In this case, the subject has lost the box, the maps, and the cardboard cut-outs. There's a copy I lovingly dust every year or so sitting on my shelf.
Bigity
Got my copy as well.
BookWyrm
DMZ was an attempt by FASA to use minature combat rules for Shadowrun. It was a nice idea, but the maps are best for scene-placement than actual combat-gaming. I still have mine, and I use the extra space in the box for flyers & such.
Slacker
There was also a product called Sprawl Maps that was supplemental maps for the DMZ game.

The rules weren't exactly shadowrun, because they were designed to be simpler and more for tactical combat on maps, but they were close.

The maps in both the DMZ box set and Sprawl Maps don't use a grid pattern, which I found annoying. Instead they had dots space an inch or so apart in a pattern so that if you connected four dots you would have a something of a diamond shape.

The maps were full color and some were fairly good and I have used some of them in my regular game for generic locales.

I haven't actually seen the ones in Sprawl Maps, because they are very hard to come by. The last copy of them I saw on ebay was being sold in Germany and went for roughly $40.

BookWyrm
I think I still have my Sprawl Maps foldouts. Like I said, they're good for miniature placement. Use a grid or hex transparent overlay if you don't like the dots.
winterhawk11
Yeah, I've got a copy of Sprawl Maps too--don't think I ever used it, just got it to be complete.

I don't have DMZ--keep meaning to buy it to complete my collection (I have all the other books except the art book) but can't seem to justify the price some folks are asking. I'll probably remedy that one of these days.
BookWyrm
DMZ is a nice addition to your collection. Interesting maps, the Vehicle Combat are a bit long, but still good reading. You should add it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012