Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holy Moly, I have to GM in two hours!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SpasticTeapot
I've got to GM in two hours, and I'm stuck. (Curse you, writer's block!) If anyone has ideas for a 'run or a database of sample security guards and the like, please post 'em ASAP.
Kagetenshi
Team needs to pick up an attache case at a McHughes, bring it to a cafe on the other side of town. There are people watching the case. No one will attempt to take the case, but it is imperative that the team not be followed to the cafe. It's up to them to figure out how to shake pursuit and verify that it has been shaken.

~J
Grinder
I'll sleep in two hours and have to go to work in eight. Guess you will have more fun...
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Team needs to pick up an attache case at a McHughes, bring it to a cafe on the other side of town. There are people watching the case. No one will attempt to take the case, but it is imperative that the team not be followed to the cafe. It's up to them to figure out how to shake pursuit and verify that it has been shaken.

~J

A marvellous idea. However, I should note that my group lacks a rigger, and is composed currently of two combat-types and an exact copy of the "covert ops" archetype from the BBB. Something with a bit more "smash" might work a bit better.
Eldritch
And of course, they grab the wrong case - it seems there was a bicycle courrier there a few minutes before with the same exact case! He picked up the wrong one and boogied with his McSushi Burger amd Soy Nugget Lunch.

The runners get harrassed, shot at and finally loose their tail to deliver the case. The J opens it and it is full of <insert something your group will find funny/irritating> Then sends the poor team back top McHughs where they must talk the manager into letting them see the sec footage, then they must chase down the messenger.

Are they still being tailed? Yes, but it's the McHughs manager after a piece of what he believes is 'lucrative' shadow biz!

And if they don't figure out about the cameraas at McHughs, have the J suggest it to them.

Or you could just develop a cough - *Cough*CamerasAtMcHughes*cough*

hermit
Yeah, and I'm looking forward to a hangover, on top of that, go me. sarcastic.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (SpasticTeapot @ Jun 14 2005, 05:24 PM)
A marvellous idea. However, I should note that my group lacks a rigger, and is composed currently of two combat-types and an exact copy of the "covert ops" archetype from the BBB. Something with a bit more "smash" might work a bit better.

The team didn't have a Rigger any time I ran this run—it generally involved a lot of public transportation, taxis, and splitting up/passing fake cases off. It isn't, however, a smash run—I've yet to actually have a shot fired on it..

Smash run: (Anyone I'm GMing for stay clear)

[ Spoiler ]

~J
Nerbert
Perhaps if the attache case is on an intercity train. The covert ops guy can infiltrate while the smash characters can work on bringing the train to a halt. If they pull everything in the middle of nowhere they could still play the getaway game but with more emphasis on the smash and less on the stealth.
pragma
Probably too late, but

Open to any three random pages of New Seattle. Pull the most interesting run element (be it location, character, sideplot etc.). String the three together in the framework of a job which will likely involve all of them.

I swear by this method. On the ohter hand, I tend to GM by the seat of my pants so it suits me well.
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (pragma @ Jun 14 2005, 11:34 PM)
On the ohter hand, I tend to GM by the seat of my pants so it suits me well.

Yeeah. Represent, bradda. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
'nother fun one that I ran off the top of my head.... or started too at least...

target is case/file/whatever. Best if it's a file that is downloaded into headware, but the taget still carries a case.

They have to first follow the target to his destination without being spotted. The target will make two stops.

The team has to split to capture the first person that the target meets with, then continue following the target (unaware of his first contacts capture), then find out who the second contact is. Then after the messenger has left ,eliminate the messenger after finding out what he knows about he data, then eliminate his second contact.
shadow_scholar
Not that I have anything to add in terms of a run to try, I just wondered if anyone knew of any place online where I could get some surveillance type photos, ones of people in candid situations, like you'd see someone take while doing a stake-out or investigation. I normally go to imagebank.com for all my improv photo needs, but they don't really have anything in that flavor. Any ideas?
Fortune
Google is a good place to start.
ShadowDragon8685
Hey Spastic, how did the run go?
SpasticTeapot
Only two people made it, so rather badly. On the other hand, I recieved some valuable GMing experience, and managed to introduce my characters to a Fixer, as well as giving them a neat hook for the next 'Run I intend to send them on. (Anyone have advice on running "Ivy & Chrome?")
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012