Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cascading IC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Matrix pg . 86

Maximum increase for Cascsding IC

Red            100 percent of orginial rating or 4, whichever is higher.

Am I to understand that if you have say a red 17 host (or whatever) ,and a Rating 12 Black IC is swinging away and missing, it can cascade up to 24 (100% of 12 is 12, so 12+12=24), or 16 (12+4)? Or is it 17 because that's the highest the system can run?
Backgammon
Well, I don't know much about the Matrix, but I can tell you it's definately not 16 (12+4), because +4 is the *minimum* it will go up (according to the wording you posted). It's either 24 or 17.
Jrayjoker
Since there are 2 IC acting, I would say 24.
mfb
i've flipped through the sections of SR3 and Matrix that would logically contain information on maximum IC ratings, but didn't find anything. are you sure IC ratings are limited by the system rating? if not, it'd be 24; if so, it'd be 17.
hobgoblin
i dont recall ice ever being limited by host ratings. you can run a rating 100 black ice as first step of a blue-2 host if you feel like it silly.gif
Necro Tech
There is no max on IC level. You regularly get double digit IC on single digit rated hosts. It can cascade up to 24.
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah, I looked over it, and couldn't find any limit like that ever. Wondering where I got that from now. Oh well, thanks for the feed back.
Fix-it
I have this impending feeling of doom for some poor, poor decker.
fistandantilus4.0
yeah... most likely me...

Just started playing a decker...

well.. expanded in to it....

Oh well, at least my GM is also a player in my game. And a decker (part time)

What comes around goes around a I guess. sarcastic.gif
Lady Door
HEY!! So not cool! On a diff topic, why bother learning the rules, they're about to completely change anyway.. *grumble, grumble*
fistandantilus4.0
well, for one... incase they suck....

and two,....still have two and a half more months.

and three...... to make your head hurt when I start doing matrix runs, and you don't knwo the rules, then are forced to learn them, and then go throug ha rule change, then force you to learn it all again! grinbig.gif
Jrayjoker
Hey, at least you get to play and GM. I only get to GM since the players love the world and hate the rules.

Why is it when I have to pull something out of my a$$ they know the most esoteric rule to cover it, but keep asking me how to calculate reaction and initiative?

Cascading IC is a real bear; the best bet is to use combat maneuvers and evade, evade, evade.
Lady Door
OMG! Does that sound like our group... if you weren't in St. Paul you would be welcome in ours! smile.gif But St. Paul to Utah is a hell of a commute!
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Plan B)
OMG! Does that sound like our group... if you weren't in St. Paul you would be welcome in ours! smile.gif But St. Paul to Utah is a hell of a commute!

Thats too bad. I was going to ask where you played since we seem to be in the same boat family-wise.

And Utah is only, what, 1310 miles?
CODE

courtesy of mapquest.
1:  Start out going NORTHWEST on WABASHA ST N toward 4TH ST E. 0.5 miles  
2:  Merge onto I-35E S via the ramp on the LEFT.  18.7 miles  
3:  Merge onto I-35 S.  220.4 miles  
4:  Merge onto I-80 W via EXIT 87B toward COUNCIL BLUFFS 1067.2 miles
5:  Take the US-89/STATE ST. exit- EXIT 124- toward SO. SALT LAKE.  0.2 miles  
6:  Turn RIGHT onto S STATE ST/US-89.  2.9 miles  
7:  Turn LEFT onto E 400 S/UT-186 W.  0.1 miles  
8:  End at Salt Lake City, UT US  
Total Est. Time: 19 hours, 24 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1310.34 miles

And that is if you live in SLC.

fistandantilus4.0
Oh, is that all. well hell if it's just a little 23 hour drive, I guess you're all out of excuses then. Get your butt down here !
Jrayjoker
Maybe after Father's Day
Aku
might be worth it for like a marathon weekend sorta thing if he has the that much free time, to drive, but i dont think anyone has 2-4 days to drive to game 2 days lol... that leaves... one day to work smile.gif
mfb
if your work is robbing banks, this isn't a problem.
Aku
true, but i think i'd rather try to rob a Brinks truck, more than a bank...
Lady Door
Hmmm... interesting idea. How would you do it?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Aku)
true, but i think i'd rather try to rob a Brinks truck, more than a bank...

apparently some of us do more than play shadowrun

JJ- if you realyl wanted to play, save your self a drive and $150 in gas, spend 30 on a mic . One of my friends from my old group in California that now lives in Texas plays with us every Monday night. Works pretty well.

Slightly back on to topic, apparently the Otaku's Daemons can get a feature where they can cascade ! Scary!
Aku
Ya know, i'm actually a fan on online gaming, as i live in the middle of no where, and dont know anyone near me, and there isn't a gaming store around (well, one, and he only "knows" about SR, not anyone that actually plays it)

But, as to how to actually snag a Brinks truck. Being that i Lived in Pittsburgh during college (and Pittsburgh, along with being the City of Rivers, is also the City of Tunnels, my idea requires a few vehicles, working together. Step one is to set up an accident right at the entrance into the tunnels, after the brinks truck is in, stage another accident on the far end, with just your team in the tunnel, if possible. Here, the plan can deviate a bit, you can either proceed with the jacking, or stage yet ANOTHER accident at the far end of the tunnels coming towards you, with another friendly on that side to exit with. Now, jack the truck (three guys, carrying pistols, and from what i've seen, they're probably low grade sec, maybe lonestar style people, "trained" t use their gun, but if they ever actually HAVE too, they'll most likely crack. Take money. Leave

Will it work in RL? most likely not, but it'd make for one hell of a movie scene biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
better be stolen cars too then, other wise al lthat repair work is really gonna eat up your profits. THen there's the little matter of keeping the truck stopped, and getting it open, before back up arrives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012