Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cosmetic Eyeball Implants in RL
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
Check this out.

Weird, but kinda cool.... nyahnyah.gif
Aku
Very weird, and i dont think it's all that cool either, then again, for most things, i'm probably considered "un hip" despite being 22.
mmu1
How moronic... Anyone who lets someone implant a piece of metal in their eye for no good reason ought to be sterilized for the sake of the genome in the same sitting.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (mmu1)
How moronic... Anyone who lets someone implant a piece of metal in their eye for no good reason ought to be sterilized for the sake of the genome in the same sitting.

Does that mean I get eye-sparkles and sport sex in one sitting?
mmu1
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (mmu1 @ Jun 15 2005, 12:27 PM)

Does that mean I get eye-sparkles and sport sex in one sitting?

... uh... yes, yes you do! wink.gif
DocMortand
Kinda makes me wonder why anyone would think that looks "cool". It looks really disturbing...and imagine if it EVER gets infected. *shudder*
Method
infection would be relatively easy to treat. antibiotic eye drops for pink eye (conjunctivitis) are increadibly effective.

I think its cool. Better than some of the absolutely grotesque body peircing's one sees now-a-days.

but fact is this fad will probably die off in the Netherlands long before its exported to the world.

and the point, realy, was the idea of cosmetic implant surgery hitting the main stream (aside from breast augmentation that is...)

"the line begins to blur"
Supercilious
I, personally, do not find that "supercool." But I do find it cool that truly unique forms of body alteration/augmentation are becoming more mainstream.

I look forward to wired reflexes and flash compensators in real life.
Req
This isn't new news. Look at the date on the article. nyahnyah.gif

I think it's kinda cool. Wouldn't have one done, but all the same, there's something about having a glittering nuyen.gif symbol in each eye.
Supercilious
The Chromed Accountant is one step ahead of you, if his suit is any indicator.
Method
it must feel weird at first.... like contacts the first few times you put em in...

Req: yeah, its not exactly hot off the presses or anything...
SpasticTeapot
Forget jewelry, I want a thin layer of plastic coated with a light-reactive polymer. In other words, I'd be more resistant to tear gas, and I'd have built-in sunglasses.
Mind you, I'm not happy until I can plug the DVI port from my computer into my optic nerve. That, or get a datajack.
Req
The Chromed Accountant is a whole damn lot of steps ahead of me, 'Cilious. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012