Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: B/R Skills Chips
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
If someone is using B/R Skills Chips, do he needs skillwire system to use them effectively?
JesterX
And what about Biotech?
tisoz
Yes, active skills require skillwires. Knowledge and language softs can get by with just a chipjack.
Cray74
QUOTE (JesterX)
If someone is using B/R Skills Chips, do he needs skillwire system to use them effectively?

Yes. They're an active skill, so they need skillwires.
GaiasWrath8
Ya, my old GM usto let us get away with a rigger who chipped his driving skills when rigged. LOL
Ol' Scratch
Yep, in the grand sense of splitting skills between "those that are regularly useful while shadowrunning" and those that aren't, then basing a piece of cyberware on that split, you wind up with the silliness of Computers and Bikes B/R needing skillwires while Dancing and Sculpting do not.

I personally would have preferred it if Skillwires were only needed for Active Skills linked to Physical Attributes or Reaction myself. Would have made a little more sense in the grand scheme of things. I'd also allow Vehicle ActiveSofts to be used with a VCR without Skillwires (or maybe just by using a Router) since the implant is already hijacking your physical movements to control the vehicle anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012