Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lone Star sourcebook
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Starglyte
Got my Denver Box set in the mail today (and digging the sector passes) and looking for the next SR book to purchase to complete my collection. I've got/getting all the location sourcebooks and now turning my attention to the 7100 series. One thing that has attracted my attention is that on the internet shops that I browse, Lone Star book 7115 always goes upwards of $40. Does anybody know why it costs so much? Did it have a limited print run? Is it such a good book that no one wants to part with it?
fistandantilus4.0
Most likely because there aren't that many out there.

Try looking up the original Horror's book from ED some time. That one's around $70 in hardcopy. Supply and demand
Req
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Most likely because there aren't that many out there.

Try looking up the original Horror's book from ED some time. That one's around $70 in hardcopy. Supply and demand

Supply, demand, and awesome. That's a great book.
Starglyte
Thanks for the quick responses. I guess the book will be near the last on my list of things to get. Right now I finishing up the first edition books. Its amazing what you can find at Half-Price Books.
sanctusmortis
I still remember paying £65 ($118.91 for the US people) for Dark Reflections: Spectres for Wraith. Man, that was worth it.
BookWyrm
I'm surprised it's not on Ebay. I found a few replacement books I needed from there & at good prices too. Check there & look at the "Shadowrun Lot" bids, you may find one there, but inquire if the seller is willing to part with just the one book.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)

Suddenly my $20 copy I got about a year and a half ago is giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Not that the sheer awesome didn't already give me that feeling. Plus the curry I had for lunch.

~J
FlakJacket
Try using used book sites as well. Seriously, I've never had to pay over twenty five dollars or so for any of the books and that includes the rare ones like Shadowbeat, Lone Star or the original Harlequin.

So like Kagetenshi I shall now sit back and enjoy the fact. smile.gif
Starglyte
I got Shadowbeat for about $12.00 bucks. So far the most expensive I paid is the Denver Box set for $35.00. The least amount I've paid is $1.00 for first edition Street Samurai Catalog. If anybody lives near a Half-Price Books, they usually have some good books for cheap. There is one that had a lot of Battletech books. I got my London source book for $2.00.
fistandantilus4.0
I love used book stores. Unfortunately, I bought all the SR books the ones near me had.

Time to move
blakkie
Shadowbeat is that rare? I know where i can pick up a couple of new ones.
Snow_Fox
LS was good, but unless you absolutely HAVE to have every SR book ever made, you can do without. You can get most of the details from other books. The only books I would consider paying that much for are Shadowbeat, the original Seattle SB, London SB and the very old Sprawlsites.
Catsnightmare
Same here Blakkie, I got my copy of Shadowbeat new off the shelf just two or three years ago. IIRC there's another copy still at the hobby shop when I was there two months ago. And I've seen like new copies at the local Half-Price as well.

On an oddball note just out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen a used copy of Sprawl Sites that didn't have a fold/crease in the bottom right corner of the cover?
Every, and I mean every copy I have ever seen (around 10 different copies or so) has had a crease in the right bottom corner of the cover.
BookWyrm
I think the fold/crease was a printer's error that couldn't be corrected until after the initial run had already been through. Oh well.
Mortax
Sorry, If you'd posted this a few days ago, I had an extra lonestar book you could have had for like 5 or 10 plus shipping. I gave it to a friend.

Check the EBAY lot auctions, that's where you get the best deal.
Starglyte
Thanks for all the info. Slowly but surely getting my collection complete.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (BookWyrm)
I think the fold/crease was a printer's error that couldn't be corrected until after the initial run had already been through. Oh well.

I don't htink mine has one but considering the book is 15 years old and seen lots of use it's hard to be sure
Paul
We just check in at local gaming stores, book stores, and etcetera. I have a copy of every book, just sold a bunch of seconds and thirds, gave some away as presents to DV8, Eliahad, and have some yet to send to Instant Cash-and I probably spent less on the books than I did for the shipping.

For a while there VR1's were flopping out the woodwork for about six bucks each, in near mint condition. Lately I have been seeing Bug City everywhere. So I guess the moral is keep both eyes peeled, check online and off-and who knows, maybe you'll pick 'em up real quick.

I haven't played in so long now I am seriously considering offloading the bulk of my collection. I'm just not sure if I can part with it all.
Buzzed
I payed $15 for my Denver boxed set, UNOPENED FACTORY CONDITION.

That was 4 years ago when I was bored looking at the crap in the Green Bay airport gift shop (forgot the name of the airport. It was the ONLY role playing item in the whole shop. It didn't belong in that shop. And I am an avid fan of Shadowrun, so naturally I had to buy it.

The cashier said that thing came from lost and found, it was probably left on a plane and nobody wanted it, so the airport threw it on the shop's shelf to sell since it was brand new. The thing sat there for about a year until that fateful day I walked in. =P Who knows how long it was hybernating in lost and found before it migrated to the gift shop.

Oh yeah, and it was the only time I ever visited that airport.
Req
Ha ha, I got Universal Brotherhood for $9.50. Ha ha.
DeadNeon
I can't speak for sure about the rarity of it, but the Star sourcebook is quite simply pure, liquid awesome congealed into a paper form and bound together to make a book.

*lets his sourcebook lovingly*
fistandantilus4.0
Just found a copy of Shadowbeat, and int's in damn near mint condtion (bottom right corner is a little rubbed, that's it). I already have my own copy, so if anyone would like it, I'll pick it up for you if you'll pay shipping. The game store wants $17 for it.
Awesome find too, because he had Paradise Lost, Ivy and Chrome, and Imago, all in mint condition, for under $30
Jrayjoker
Mmmmmm. Coveting my neighbor's sourcebooks. Mmmmmm. lick.gif
TheOneRonin
A year or so ago I goofed on eBay and ended up with two copies of the Lonestar sourcebook. I think I paid in the realm of ~$25-$30 or so. If anyone is interested in my spare copy, let me know, I would be more than happy to make my money back on it. And I won't price gouge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012