Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So with the books not coming out?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cynic project
Will the books like SOSA,SOA,LA,SF... be relesaced after SR4?And if so will they be under the SR3 or SR4?
blakkie
No, and SR3. But if you look through your books there is usually very little cruch to those types of books. We can only hope that the eventually Fanpro makes a SR4 coversion guide for some of th fluff books going back a few years. It would be relatively small. For example I think all of Threats 2 updates could fit on a single page.

Except of course for System Failure, which is the last hurrah for SR3. Given that it seems that it will be very deeply based in the old Matrix, with the world tree sprouting on the cover, i'd think it a serious bear convert to SR4.

P.S. I'm pretty sure there is already a thread here a bit back covering this.
Cynic project
there seems to be what four or five books to come out in 2 months?I mean really.

And no one ever puts more than one thread about the same post..Never happens, you must be thinking of another forum....
blakkie
QUOTE (Cynic project @ Jun 17 2005, 02:12 PM)
there seems to be what four or five books to come out in 2 months?I mean really.

And no one ever puts more than one thread about the same post..Never happens, you must be thinking of another forum....

You took that the wrong way. I meant that it was covered in more detail and from direct sources. Like Adam i think. So you can check it out and confirm it. Also it had a rough timeline for releases which isn't coming to me right now.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Cynic project)

Five books. Nine weeks.
Grinder
With Loose Alliances already behind the supposed release date. My trusted rpg store already changed the expected release date from july 2005 to end 2005.
Crimsondude 2.0
Reminds me of the release schedule for HB and R2.
Grinder
Or RedBrick with their ED books. indifferent.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
Well, i was just thinking of that release list of books in the mid-90s with everything from PR to R2 to HB and stuff that never came out like "Running Short." Granted, that wasn't the greatest time in the world at FASA (this was that period between Dowd and Mulvihill with S&G serving in the interim for a while).
Cheops
Amen to the Redbrick statement
Grinder
Uhm, thanks? Nah, that's the wrong word for it. I would love to see RedBrick-books, but they're only promising and planning, but don't come out with some books. That annoys a lot of gamers i'm sure. And the whole split with LRG, RedBrick and the old FASA edition is no way to attract new gamers.
blakkie
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jun 17 2005, 08:56 PM)
With Loose Alliances already behind the supposed release date. My trusted rpg store already changed the expected release date from july 2005 to end 2005.

Loose Alliances is already "released", but that shouldn't be confused with the books being in stock at retail outlets. It seems that the distribution channel for SR books takes a solid month or more to get stuff from the printers to the store shelves.

Speaking of which will Fanpro have the SR4 BBB available late August in PDF format from Drivethru?
Pugwhan
QUOTE (blakkie)

Loose Alliances is already "released", but that shouldn't be confused with the books being in stock at retail outlets. It seems that the distribution channel for SR books takes a solid month or more to get stuff from the printers to the store shelves.

It may be "released" to the internet but I'm wanting a hardcopy, and no I don't want to pay to have it printed. I'm the only one in my group that buys all the books and its nice to have something physical to pass around the table. I don't count it released untill its in my local game store.
blakkie
QUOTE (Pugwhan @ Jun 18 2005, 11:23 PM)
I don't count it released untill its in my local game store.

It appears that Fanpro is giving the release date as when the books start shipping from the printers. Frankly given the variance in how long it takes any given shipment to get to a particular store i don't see how it would make sense for Fanpro to use your definition over that one.

So unless you plan to make it to Gencon you are going to have to adjust Fanpro's release dates a month or more, depending on the path of distribution to your store, to translate it to your own definition of "released".
Adam
In ideal situations, it shouldn't take a month to get from printers to the store; it should be less than two weeks. The release date that FanPro typically gives is the date it arrives and ships out from major distributors, which is the day when when bookstores can start getting the book -- some may not get it right away [may not be within a day's shipping time of their distributor, may not have pre-ordered copies, etc]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012