I am currently creating for a game I'm running soon "Gigabit Decking". Basically, there is no Decker in the group, it's an Otaku. As such, I can massively streamline the entire ruleset. So far:

*Thanks to an intimate knowledge of computer programming learned from my CAP dad and the simplicity of the Channels system, I've managed to cut the entire system of programs down to nigh-on nothing. Example: you want to run a search to find a datastream on the LTG on a subject you are interested in. To do so, you create a search program; the Channel is Index (you're searching, so bypassing the Index rating is your first priority), difficulty as normal. Once this done, you have the search function program; now to make it work. Obviously, you need to access Files next; TN as encryption level of data (if data is just the latest news or some other freely available details, the difficulty is 4 to find a good source that's actually reliable...). After that, if successful you have the file. Voila. Accessing systems is even easier, as it's just a matter of rolling Access...

*Current biggest problem? Combat. Currently thinking it should be like the Astral Combat, but I'll have to adapt Combat Programs to be like spells. Currently I'm thinking that Combat Programs will have to be "preprogrammed", ie made in advance. I'm thinking maybe an Otaku could "store" such programs in their Mp; however, I was kind of hoping to get round the entire concept of Mp, so maybe you can hold back CPs equal in Rating to your Willpower (so Willpower 6 = 1 Rating 6 CP, or 3 R2 CPs, etc...? Thoughts anyone on how to do this one?

*As for how programs would appear... think origami. You fold the paper into a dove, the dove flies away (search); you fold it into a key, which you put into the lock (access); you fold it into a sword (combat); and so on.

*The system is loosely based on melding Tron with The Matrix. As such, IC will appear like security, and their levels reflected in the seriousness; Black IC will look like the military, for example.

*The final problem left, then, is what happens when I don't HAVE an Otaku. The entire system needs porting to Deckers, and that means adapting cyberdecks too... Erk.

I think I've got round the combat issue - 2 types of program, prewritten and on the fly. Prewritten represented by a sheet of paper with fold lines drawn on, on the fly blank paper and pen. System terms, a decker can carry Mp worth of pre-mades, size dictated by Rating x50Mp. Seems the Mp issue won't go away, so I guess they're for keeps... I suppose an Otaku could have "remembered programs" that require a Computer (Programming) test to call up, TN of Rating and Rating dependant on difference it makes to damage dealt.

So, any help would be much appreciated, as after all I will be the only person who even knows the game properly and as such I can't rely on their aid either...