Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Empathic Healing adept power
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tisoz
Does this follow the rules for magical healing? Nothing is actually being healed, so I wonder.

If it doesn't follow those rules:
1) Does it matter if it is used before or after:
a) biotech?
b) or the Heal or Treat spell?
2) Can it be used multiple times?
a) Guy has deadly wound, adept transfers 2 boxes at a time, then teammate uses biotech to stage adept's Light wound to nothing.
b) First attempt results in failure; try, try again.

I can see this having the effect of no more downtime while characters heal.

Asked similar in the SotA64 thread w/o much response, thought I'd run it up the pole here.
Bandwidthoracle
Good questions, I'll add one to the list:

Is this abaility compatible with a trauma dampener? In that case can an adept heal 1 light wound for free every 15 min? (quicker if he is a quick healer)
Panzergeist
I think the adept can only use it once per set of wounds, like magical healing spells. So once its used, it cant be done again unless the guy is injured again. But it certainly would cut down on healing times.
Krazy
isn't that where the adept takes on the wounds of another? wouldn't need a very kind adept, I mean that would take a lot of good will to do, (I know some people I'd do it for, but most would get the "here's a bandaid now quichyerbichin!"
nick012000
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
I think the adept can only use it once per set of wounds, like magical healing spells. So once its used, it cant be done again unless the guy is injured again. But it certainly would cut down on healing times.

Doesn't cut out the 'abuse' of the ability, though. Heal 2 boxes, inflict 1. Heal 2 boxes, inflict 1. And so on...

It just takes a bit longer.
Vaevictis
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)
Is this abaility compatible with a trauma dampener? In that case can an adept heal 1 light wound for free every 15 min? (quicker if he is a quick healer)

Not exactly; trauma dampener will shift the box to stun. That's not quite free.
weblife
QUOTE (Vaevictis)
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle @ Jun 19 2005, 11:40 PM)

Not exactly; trauma dampener will shift the box to stun. That's not quite free.

Its almost free, in the sense that stun heals very fast.
tisoz
I think he meant the resulting 1 box of Stun would be healed in 15 minutes or less.

//edit// not quite quick enough
Fortune
QUOTE (nick012000 @ Jun 20 2005, 04:50 PM)
Doesn't cut out the 'abuse' of the ability, though. Heal 2 boxes, inflict 1. Heal 2 boxes, inflict 1. And so on...

It just takes a bit longer.

Each 'set' of wounds can only be healed by magic once. A 'set' is a debatable term at times. Usually a group of damage boxes between magical healings is a good guideline.

For example ...

Quik Rik zigged when he should have zagged, and got tagged by one last burst of submachine gun fire from the rapidly receding group of Halloweeners. Although he is seriously wounded [six boxes], he struggles along to the meet, where he gets his buddy Cherry Poptart to use his mojo to fix him up. Cherry calls out to Toaster and sprinkles Rik with bread crumbs, and the Samurai relaxes as he actually feels the Treat spell healing his wounds. Although he feels better, he is not quite fully healed after the spell runs it's course though [4 successes - 2 boxes remain].

The meet turns a little ugly, and before the smoke clears Quik Rik is sporting another wound, and he hasn't even had breakfast yet. A long gash from the stroke of a sword crosses his stomach, and the samurai was fearful that if he doesn't keep enough pressure on it, unpleasant things would happen [Moderate Wound - 5 boxes total]. Luckily, as he staggers out of the derelict building into the street, he runs straight into Sparkle, a wizkid ganger with the Merlins who owes him a favor from a long time back. Sparkle helps him to sit against the brick wall then grasps the strange, pentacle-shaped amulet that hangs around his neck on a strip of rawhide and chants a sing-song phrase about healing. Again Rik feels the healing begin, but only in his abdomen [6 successes, but only 3 boxes healed [2 remain], as the last 'set' has already receaved magical healing]. The still-painful bullet wounds in his shoulder are not affected.

Rik, still trying to get breakfast, is wounded for a third time that day when he finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time at the corner Stuffer Shack in a face-off against some insane Coyote shaman. If he then meets Mystyk, an Adept healer, that adept (like any other form of magical healing) could only heal the latest 'set' of damage, and could have no effect on any wounds received prior the end of Sparkle's spell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012