Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Native american translator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mattness pl
I'm looking for some net native american translator.
Do you know any?
Ancient History
Noo...<activate searchbot>...

Not very helpful.

Marginally better.

Sorry.

Itam yaw naat pay yep haakyese.
Overwatch
NM.. i Obviously didn't read the header
FrostyNSO
You could always refer to it as "Some phrase in Hopi".

Then when they can actually translate it, call it whatever it is.
mattness pl
Ancient - thanks, but I don't get it (hopi to english to polish is too much for me biggrin.gif ).
There's no ANY indian translator in the Net? eek.gif

I surrender smile.gif
WTF?

Well. I thought it would be cool to invent some indian names (Children of Shadows etc.). Or runners can meet human called "Dunkelzahn-name-in-apache" (I play 2nd edition, Big D still alives)...

And how amerindians call runners?
Gringos? nyahnyah.gif
Ancient History

Ancient - thanks, but I don't get it (hopi to english to polish is too much for me biggrin.gif ).
There's no ANY indian translator in the Net? eek.gif

<shrug> There's no Minoan translator either, as far as I'm aware.

I surrender smile.gif
WTF?

Roughly translated: "It is said the earth is ours on loan."

I thought it was neat.

And how amerindians call runners?
Gringos? nyahnyah.gif

'Anglos' is typical. 'Pinkskins' is also a common term. You could, of course, go with 'White man.'
Shanshu Freeman
pale face?

death on two legs?

One Who Brings Syphillus?

He Who Dances With Crabs?
Nikoli
Brewer?
mattness pl
Roughly translated: "It is said the earth is ours on loan."
I thought it was neat.
It was. smile.gif But in what language?

I know some English, German, French.
And I use that on my SR session (My team knew English, and they started in Seattle. When they arrive to Europe NPCs talked to them in foreign language. That was nice and funny, when my players try to communicate with locals with sign language. P: "You stupid Frenchy! Why you don't know Polish?! Or English!". I want to use similiar trick in NAN).
That's why I'm looking for some translator. It add flavor to the game smile.gif .

The other idea is to use language-code. Toxic Shaman can hide his true identity [eg. EarthDestroyer] by using indian name...
Ancient History
Hopi, of course. What, I did three minutes of site-searching without coming back with a clever phrase? Vol forfend!
Fortune
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 22 2005, 11:39 AM)
What, I did three minutes of site-searching without coming back with a clever phrase? Vol forfend!

You should be ashamed of yourself. You're slipping.
Sahandrian
They don't have one for Hopi (might want to check to see if the people and the language have the same name), but I use this translator fairly often for word-to-word things. It can't do phrases, though.

http://www.freelang.net/dictionary/index.html
mattness pl
[QUOTE AUTHOR=Sahandrian]http://www.freelang.net/dictionary/index.html[/QUOTE]
Cool smile.gif
Thanks, Sahandrian. That's what I was looking for (@ Ancient - sorry for trouble, chummer wink.gif ).
nezumi
Cool, I need to keep tabs on that too. Fortunately, my cousin works on a reservation in New Mexico, so I get to e-mail him questions all the time. It's good to have family all over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012