Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: making Telesma
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aku
on page 43 of MiTS, it says that to make handmade or virgin telesma, you need to make a handiwork or b/r skill to make the item. Howver, it doesn't (as far as i can see) give any guidelines as to what the skills should be, or even a suggested TN for doing so. Am i missing something on another page, or is it just not there? If the latter, what would you suggest as some handicraft skill(s) for someone who will be working mostly with metals? Would an active skill version of metallurgy be too little?

Also, while I'm thinking about it, in a number of cases, MiTS refers to something along the lines of "the gathering specialization of the talismongering skill is used..." Does that mean you can't use the base talismongering skill to do that activity? would it be treated as defualting from specialization to skill?
Herald of Verjigorm
The building test isn't covered there, because it would be some sort of general build repair test. However, build tests are not in any significant level of detail so it's mostly up to the GM.

Whenever a section states that it uses a specialization, that is so you know what specialization of a skill is relevant. The main skill can be seen as all specializations of that skill at an equal level, so any reference to a specialization can also be accomplished with the base skill.
Jrayjoker
I would rule that any skill appropriate to the type of telesma being made would apply. B/R Jewelry, B/R musical instrument, etc. Base TN 4 for simple items like a necklace or flute. Much higher for a puzzle ring or a cello.

Slacker
Would you say that an active b/r skill for each type of telesma (musical instrument, jewelry, etc.)? Or would an appropriate knowledge skill be enough? Or maybe a generic Telesma B/R skill?
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Jun 22 2005, 08:19 AM)
Whenever a section states that it uses a specialization, that is so you know what specialization of a skill is relevant.  The main skill can be seen as all specializations of that skill at an equal level, so any reference to a specialization can also be accomplished with the base skill.

Darn, beat me to it...
Jrayjoker
I would allow a knowledge skill for something relatively simple, like a leather pouch, but not an instrument.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012