Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sesame Street
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jrayjoker
OK, I did the seach about 6 different ways and I can't believe my results. No one has ever asked this questions as far as I can tell with the topic "Sesame Street". My jaw almost hit the floor.

So is Sesame Street still going on in 2050+ and if so, how would you treat it? Would it be a Trid broadcast, matrix interactive, computer game, what?
Ancient History
Sex Muppets
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Sex Muppets

When the men in the whitle jackets and padded ambulance show up, just go along quietly....
Ancient History
Yeesh. Kids these days. Didn't your mama read you Transmetropolitan before tucking you in at night?
nezumi
Considering how much WETA has been complaining, I'd be surprised if Sesame Street is still running, at least under it's current incarnation. Rather, I expect there's something else new and creative for kids, in fact a different program for each megacorp, with 'grumpy Mr. Fuch, who doesn't know how to do anything' and 'Mr Angry, and how he always causes trouble', but 'our buddy Mr Renni always comes to save the day. Yay Renni! You're our favorite.'

Jim Henson co. probably got bought up by someone else, and that corporation sold rights to any number of its conglomerates to make a variety of Sesame Street knock-offs to the now aging pre-awakening crowd, which would likely include pr0n and retro stuff.
RangerJoe
I've heard something about a free city spirit named Oscar....
blakkie
Since Disney has already bought the Muppets and Big Bear In The Blue House i'd see that making them a leading contender to buy the rest.
Req
Uncle Jingle's Jungle?
Juggernaut125
Hey kids! Where d'ya wanna go?!

To Uncle Nutzy's Club House!

That's right! And we're gonna have big fun today.
Arethusa
PBS and CPB were killed before the first Awakening. So, no.

Bill Moyers became a freedom fighter in South America.
ElFenrir
I guess it could be adjusted...

Snuffy's an awakened elephant/bear thing
Big Bird's an awakened pelican/duck thing
Oscar's a free half toxic city spirit
Grover's....erm...
Bert and Ernie are those two fixer guys on the show that everyone 'wonders' about
Cookie Monster is...well, a blue sasquatch that likes cookies?
Elmo is a force 200 free spirit of doom directly from the metaplane of Hell

i'm sure they can create something from this. Of course, Sesame Street might look a bit different these days. Not to mention the whole counting and letter thing at the beginning of the show might be a bit altered to the 2060s. grinbig.gif
Lenice Hawk
I fear we will have more things like "The Wiggles" and "Teletubbies", but with a 6th world twist. Get your kid a 'trode rig, stick the wiggles in, and go to the mall. Kid will be entertained for hours. And who needs to worry much with letters. Just get the little brat iconic and your good to go.

Very interesting concept Jray.
Smiley
I'm waiting for Uncle Lofwyr's Kiddy Jamboree.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Smiley)
I'm waiting for Uncle Lofwyr's Kiddy Jamboree.

OK, I am definitely using that!
Smiley
I'm honored biggrin.gif
kryton
I wonder if when he grins all the little kids scream in horror?

I could just imagine if he had gas and grilled a few of the kiddies...

I think he'd kick Barney's ass.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (kryton)
I wonder if when he grins all the little kids scream in horror?

I could just imagine if he had gas and grilled a few of the kiddies...

I think he'd kick Barney's ass.

Barney is a high force trickster spirit with a huge cult following. He'd be tough to hurt in the first place.
Nyxll
Nah, Barney would be a force 100 spirit from all the karma the kiddies would be shelling out for a visit.

which has me thinking of another tangent. Free spirits that would assume the identity of child icons so they can tap free karma from believers. Also makes we wonder why there are no free spirit actors. Can you imagine the karma fest fans would be shelling out. Look at the Micheal Jackson phenomina.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Nyxll)
Look at the Micheal Jackson phenomina.

No. No. God! No!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012