Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kinesics
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kyuhan
Should the kinesics power allow a person to read the body language that telegraphs moves in combat, thereby adding a bonus of some kind for the attackee who has the power; dodge maybe?
Critias
No. Hell no. I'd certainly let someone on the Speaker's Way use that sort of fluff description as a way to justify the purchase of Combat Sense or IA: (melee/unarmed/whatever) or Counterstrike or Sidestep... It's a fine way to justify via background/fluff/history anything like that, by viewing it as an extension of an existing power. But Kinesics is definately potent enough as-is. It doesn't need any more help.
Qillin
Well if the person reads that the guard is about to shoot at him while its the guards turn what is the guy going to do its not his turn? And dodging wouldn't be affected because yeah he knows he is going to be fired at but he doesn't know where the bullets are going to be shoot? Its like I'm going to dodge to the left but the guard is a bad shoot and misses to the left of where your were hitting you where you are now ;o)~ it just isn't going to help in this situation.
lollerskates
you don't really need kinesics to figure out that a guy who is raising his gun in your general direction and has a mad.gif on his face is going to try to shoot you.
FlakJacket
What about for melee combat?
lollerskates
i would allow it to grant bonus dice for melee, but only if you're using your dikoted sexy smile as a weapon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012