Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73-year old man Kills Leopard
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FrostyNSO
Linky

What I like is that he put down his machete to do it.
Austere Emancipator
Hand of God indeed...
Grinder
Ki-Adept without knowing it. Speaking of spontanous manifestation of magic? biggrin.gif
Arethusa
Man has a 6 in Bad Mother Fucker (attribute and details to be released with SR4 Companion).
toturi
Killing Hands D, man.
Method
Holy shit....
lorthazar
Killing Hands D with Geas must rip out tongue
weblife
<insert inane expression of awed disbelief> biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
Well. Maybe that is what Edge is for...
GunnerJ
Time to update this list...
Foreigner
Actually, that has been done before.

Some time ago-- either just before or just after the beginning of the 20th century, a professional big-game hunter named Jim Corbett (his full name was "Edward James Corbett", and he was a retired Colonel in Her Majesty's Army in India); he was not related, AFAIK, to James J. "Gentleman Jim" Corbett, the prizefighter who dethroned heavyweight champion John L. Sullivan), strangled a leopard barehanded.

The animal surprised him in close cover, and had attacked at such close range that he was almost unable to bring his rifle to bear before it pounced on him.

He had barely enough time to fire a snap shot from the hip. Fortunately, the shot connected, breaking one of the animal's hind legs.

Note: A favored attack method of leopards against opponents capable of putting up a fight is to bowl the opponent over, forcing him/her/it onto his/her/its back. The leopard then pins the victim by putting its entire weight atop the torso area, with the front paws atop the victim's shoulders or chest. The fangs go for the throat, while the hind claws attempt to disembowel the opponent. The theory at the time was that Corbett's lucky shot had not only broken the charge, but also incapacitated the animal by depriving it of the leverage it needed to attack in its accustomed fashion. Corbett protected his face and throat with his left hand and arm, while strangling the animal with his right hand. Once the big cat was no longer resisting, he switched to a two-handed stranglehold, and held that grip until the animal hadn't breathed for approximately five minutes.

Although badly hurt--cracked/broken ribs, severe bruising, and several nasty claw and fang wounds that eventually became infected--Corbett survived.

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. smile.gif

--Foreigner
Jrayjoker
No kidding. I gotta put grandpa in a tie for first with "the Iceman"
Method
I know a guy who is a big game hunter/gun collecting freak/general bad ass. He travels to africa once or twice a year to hunt. His guide is a huge african guy named Gavin who's so tough he eats rocks and shits gun powder (nod to Maddox). Gavin keeps his head shaved and has these crazy scars down both sides of his mellon.

As the story goes he was once guiding for some jackasses that wounded a leopard, but didn't have the guts to go finish the job. Apparently if you wound a leopard that really pisses them off and they're one of the few animals that will actually come back and hunt you down, so these guys refused to leave the blind.

So Gavin goes out and tracks the thing. Its blood trail leads down an abandoned wart hog hole- a favorite hiding place for wounded leopards- so Gavin (being a complete bad ass) decideds he's going to crawl down there and get the thing out. He gets his .45 ready and is just creeping up to the hole when the leopard JUMPS OUT, latches onto both sides of his head with its front claws, and tries to drag him down the hole. Luckily he managed to get his pistol down the things throat...

Anyway, its not quite as cool as a 73 year old man and bare hands, but pretty damn tough if you ask me...
Smiley
All you need after something like that is a double shot of something strong and a quiet place to wring out your underwear.
Foreigner
QUOTE (Smiley @ Jun 28 2005, 01:24 PM)
All you need after something like that is a double shot of something strong and a quiet place to wring out your underwear.

...and a nice quiet place to sit contemplating your own mortality while you get over the heebie-jeebies.

wink.gif

--Foreigner
Jrayjoker
OK, I think this guy needs to be in first place. He killed the leopard where the leopard lives. The iceman killed the shark on land. Granted he went into the water to get it, but the shark was at a disadvantage when he actually killed it.
Arethusa
Not to mention the iceman didn't put down his knife to take that shark.
Kagetenshi
Once he got the shark on land it was pretty much over. I mean, strictly speaking the 73-year-old man didn't kill the leopard, the neighbor came over and offed it with a machete.

~J
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Once he got the shark on land it was pretty much over. I mean, strictly speaking the 73-year-old man didn't kill the leopard, the neighbor came over and offed it with a machete.

~J

By that time the leopard had pretty much lost though.
lollerskates
so, how old was the leopard?
Shadow
I think the guy gets points for not only incapacitating the Leopard, but for pulling its dam tongue out. How hard is that when the thing is bighting your writs while your trying to do it?

PBTHHHHT
To stick voluntarily stick your hands into the biting jaws of a predator. Wow. Though I wouldn't recommend doing that to a gator or croc...

wink.gif
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
By that time the leopard had pretty much lost though.

As opposed to a shark which has been dragged up onto land, which has done what exactly?

~J
PBTHHHHT
The shark looked at the Iceman funny and made fun of his mom.
Grinder
QUOTE (lorthazar)
Killing Hands D with Geas must rip out tongue

rotfl.gif

That's so awesome! I'll start a new campaign soon, maybe i'll try such a geas. biggrin.gif
DrJest
I used to study seni silat. The bloke in charge of the school was arranging a trip to Malaysia to study with some of the bigwigs there. "Come along," he said. "They'll be teaching Tiger form."

"Oh," said I. "Based on how a tiger moves and fights, right?"

"No," he said. "It's how to kill them."

I didn't go...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012