Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [LooseAlliances] In the shadows?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cynic project
Okay why the fuck did they waste space on these guys. I mean I was looking forward to reading about gorups lie these, but really, when I read Assets,INC. I felt like I was being bitch slaped.

One, Rayn at one point in the horrid books talks about making an army out of Assets, INC. By army he seemed to mean like a shadwrunning team. Cause a shadowrunning team is an army to me.

Two, only mages in Asset, INC. ever die?

What I am saying is that the into the shadows came off as waste of space. Look here is a few ubberly power shadowrunning teams. Hell most them do not have enough recources to do two jobs at the same time. They are small enough that everyone in the group could be listed.
hermit
To be fair, some of the high-profile teams are useful, and the runners in my campaign will eventually run into the Desolation Angels. I appreciated info on them.

But whoever decided to include that abomination Ryan Mercury and Assets, inc. into that compilation ... well, it cannot be put into words what I would have them receive in punishment. sarcastic.gif
Synner
Regardless of some individual tastes there was enough demand from fans to warrant Assets inclusion in the book. It's one group and none of the others are particularly "uber". The Smokers Club are more plot friendly than Chimaera and more versatile, DAMAGE is a well-rounded but otherwise standard shadow team, Technicolor Wings might become pretty useful given the trend to expand shadow action to transnational scopes, Demolition Angels represent a variety of plothooks, Magestone presents others and also serve as a distinct alternative to the standard "kiddie" Matrix gangs we've seen in the past, and the Nightingales are a different and interesting alternative to "traditional" shadowrunning teams.
Cynic project
Oh I wanted Asset INC in there, that is not the point. The point is why haven't they made more than one team by now? I mean doesn't the Draco fondation have enough assets to compare to a large AA? So why do they only have 5 shadowrunners in Asset INC? And why have onlyt he mages died? I mean I can understand why some of the tema is around today..i just find it silly that the whole team withc there is only one tema has been doing truely epic runs for around a decade and only the mage dies or leaves...

DAMAGE, is something I can live with. It states that they don't need to be all in the same place for any run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012