Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aircraft needed
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
srgsng25
hey i need a small bird to do a halo opperation i have the switch blade's designed i am looking for a aircraft that is capable of carring 4 of the gliders to abput 25- 30k feet and doing night drop granted i can use c60 transport and decompress the whole cargo area but i want to make the runner really work hehehe i am thinking on makeing them earn the gliders and airplane so any ideas i also plan on having a possable airstrike on the inbound team as well so if it is really expensive no biggy it is just getting fraged anyhow
Mister Juan
Capital, comma, period.
Capt. Dave
From your helpful friends at Penny Arcade

Try using an Airliner chassis using the Vehicle Design rules in R3. Not small, but it'll get you the altitude and cargo room you need.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (srgsng25)
Hey, I need a small bird to do a halo opperation.
I have the Switchblades designed, what I'm looking for a aircraft that is capable of carring 4 Switchblades to abput 25- 30k feet and doing night drop.

Granted, I can use C-60 transport and decompress the whole cargo area, but I want to make the runners really work.

Hehehe.

I am thinking on makeing them earn the gliders and airplane, so do you have any ideas?
I also plan on having a possable airstrike on the inbound team as wel,l so if it is really expensive no biggy.
It is just getting fraged anyhow.

Editing by me. I should demand hazard pay for that.

Ookay now, let's see. You need a transport that's going to get fragged. I would suggest just using the C-60. And as for making the players pay for it, that's just cruel.

Besides, this is 206X, I assume. I imagine they would have automated Switchblade-delivery planes that are made with getting fragged, hopefully after dropping the payload, as part of their mission profile.
Fortune
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
QUOTE (srgsng - Shadowdragon8685)
Hey, I need a small bird to do a halo opperation.
I have the Switchblades designed, what I'm looking for a aircraft that is capable of carring 4 Switchblades to abput 25- 30k feet and doing night drop.

Granted, I can use C-60 transport and decompress the whole cargo area, but I want to make the runners really work.

Hehehe.

I am thinking on makeing them earn the gliders and airplane, so do you have any ideas?
I also plan on having a possable airstrike on the inbound team as wel,l so if it is really expensive no biggy.
It is just getting fraged anyhow.

Editing by me. I should demand hazard pay for that.

If you are going to do it, do it right, or you'll never live to collect that hazard pay. wink.gif

QUOTE (srgsng25 - Fortune)
Hey, I need a small bird to do a HALO operation.

I have the Switchblades designed, and what I'm looking for is an aircraft that is capable of carring 4 Switchblades to about 25- 30k feet, and doing a night drop.

Granted, I can use the C-60 transport and decompress the whole cargo area, but I want to make the runners really work.

Hehehe.

I am thinking of making them earn the gliders and airplane, so do you have any ideas? I also plan on having a possible airstrike on the inbound team as well, so if it is really expensive, no biggy.

It is just getting fragged anyhow.

biggrin.gif
tisoz
carrying
Fortune
QUOTE (tisoz)
carrying

Missed that, but then again I didn't demand hazard pay. wink.gif

Incidently, so did the spell checker, and as far as I can tell (from Dictionary.com) carring isn't a real word.
lodestar
The aircraft you require is here.
Foreigner
srgsng25:

Have you considered using ultralight aircraft or paraplanes for the insertion, and using the chopper only for extraction?

In the absence of magical or technological support to hide your group's presence, that might be a bit stealthier and besides, once the drek hits the fan, you lose the advantage of surprise.

Just my nuyen.gif 0.02. smile.gif

--Foreigner
Method
lodestar: That is a very impressive thread. I might have to print that one for posterity.
lodestar
Feel free to add to it.

I should get on the ball again and do the same thing...
Lindt
Aye, since R3r wasent out when that first came up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012