Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help with Roadmaster Conversion.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ed_209a
I am running a SR game in GURPS, and I am converting the Rigger's truck (Ares Roadmaster) to GURPS Vehicles stats.

The problem I am running into is that I cannot find a cargo volume value that makes sense. In Rigger Black Book (RBB), you have a base value for the cab, then you pick an option for the cargo area. That is kind of cool, but RBB also uses some kind of hand-waving mechanic for the CF(cargo factor) to CF(cubic feet) ratio.

Enter Rigger 2 and Rigger 3, which at least stat out cargo in mass and volume. Problem is, the stats don't agree. The Roadmaster has the same stats, but the City master and Mobmaster in R2 have less than half the cargo volume of R3!

Then there are the DocWagon variants. My copy of R3 is telling me that a DW Citymaster has 4 times the internal cargo volume of a stock Roadmaster... dead.gif

Please, someone, help me make sense of this!

ed_209a
sidartha
The Fools!
The Mad Fools!
They wrote three books whose stats don't agree!! eek.gif eek.gif
Seriously, make something up that seems in line with what you think it should be.
I had the same problem when I tried to design a cargo ship.
Modesitt
This is the only time in the history of Shadowrun that I found something exactly where I expected it it.

Page 133, SR3, left column, under the heading Cargo Factor
One point of CF is equal to a cube of space half a meter long on each side(0.125 cubic meters
Ed_209a
Yeah, I knew how many cubic feet one CF equals. The number of CFs available very so widely, I don't know whether it's a typo or what.
Herald of Verjigorm
With conflicting rules throughout editions, the current one is the only one that matters. Unfortunately, this is about converting resources from one setting to a different game system, so I'd fall back on the idea of just taking the stats that fit best with the image and usage you want the vehicle to have. If you think the masters lines of vehicles should effectively be APCs with room for plenty of HTR and their gear, use the biggest CF numbers you can find and then round up to a nice pretty number.
weblife
I thought Roadmasters were APC's with lots of extra room?! cyber.gif cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012