Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decker improvement...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gorath
Hi folks,

in our current campaign i am the team decker. As its high money/high karma i could push my Computer skill to 9 smile.gif

Here are my current Utilities:

Analyze 8 192 MP
Attack-6D 180 MP
Attack-6D (targeting, one shot) 80 MP
Browse 8 64 MP
Camo 8 128 MP
Cellular Link 1 1MP
Cloak 8 192 MP
Commlink 8 64 MP
Deception 9 162 MP
Decrypt 8 64 MP
Defuse 7 98 MP
Guardian 6 72 MP
Medic 7 196 MP
Radio Link 1 1MP
Read/Write 8 128 MP
Satellite Link 1 2MP
Sleaze 9 243 MP
Spoof 8 192 MP
Triangulation 7 98 MP
Validate 9 324 MP

I also have a Agent:

Pilot rating 6, INIT6+4d6, Payload 15
Body 2, Evasion 0, Masking 6, Sensor 4
Load: Browse 6, Sleaze 6, Camo 3,

I just got i Transys Highlander (+ improvesments) so i can use that rating 9 utilities.

My question is, what should i aim for next - besides Computer skill 10 wink.gif ?
I thought about improving my Agent. I just figured how it could look like at Frame Core rating 10 [60 Frame Points]:

Pilot rating 10 [20FP]
INIT 10+6d6 [15FP]
Payload 25 [25FP]
Body 2; Evasion 4; Masking 10; Sensor 4;
Load: Sleaze 10, ???, ???

My problem is that you cannot have many high utilities for your Agent, even if i dropped +2d6 for [6FP] i just could have Load 31 (10+10+10+1).

Do you have any decker tricks for Agent usage besides the Matrix search bonus *g* My decker did not use the Agent for other things.

So any advice is welcome...

nick012000
With that initiative, stick a drek-hot attack program in it and watch as it fries everything that "moves". wink.gif
Gorath
That might be a possiblity - if you are engaged in Matrix combat, win initiative, make a evade maneuver, upload Agent10 with Comabt layout and give it order to attack the IC after what it should try to gracefull logoff. As far as i know that Agent will generate his own security tally - so no need to drop one hacking pool dice to suppress the IC. Only problem is - if your in a host with high security rating you could easily have to fight rating 12 IC, if those get dropped the host could jump into passive alert status.
Can Agents use hacking pool dice themself to surpress IC?
Modesitt
That depends on whether your GM is crazy or not.

Programs are on memory chips. You simply run them. You can run them more than once. Your deck does not need to be on for your Agent to be doing things in the matrix. Thus, you can have multiple copies of an Agent running by simply running the program repeatedly.

Your GM might require you burn copies of the Agent program to seperate memory chips to run it multiple times. That's a worthwhile investment for being able to re-enact a certain scene from The Matrix: Reloaded in the Matrix.
Eyeless Blond
The agent swarm is one of the coolest things about agents IMO, and why I'm tempted to have several configurations each time I write one up.

Also, you can't have an initiative ov higher than +5d6 in the Matrix, ever. So no +6d6 for your Agent, sorry.
toturi
Consider getting Small Unit Tactics (Matrix) for additional mayhem.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Gorath)
That might be a possiblity - if you are engaged in Matrix combat, win initiative, make a evade maneuver, upload Agent10 with Comabt layout and give it order to attack the IC after what it should try to gracefull logoff. As far as i know that Agent will generate his own security tally - so no need to drop one hacking pool dice to suppress the IC. Only problem is - if your in a host with high security rating you could easily have to fight rating 12 IC, if those get dropped the host could jump into passive alert status.
Can Agents use hacking pool dice themself to surpress IC?

hmm, while yes the agent gets its own tally im not fully sure if it requires a gracefull logoff.

and i must say that i dont have a clue about agents supressing ic. if one allow it then the decker can get away with a lot of stuff and keep his pool high.

a question becomes; can one decker supress the ic that another decker crashed?

this is one of the things that are not fully coverd by the matrix rules i think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012