Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adeptation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ZenZen
In SotA2064 there are relatively low-cost Adept Powers that don't sound all that magical to me like "Multitasking" (another free Action) and "Nimble Fingers" (making a couple of Tasks Free Actions instead of Simple Actions) (IIRC, they are 0,5PPts each). As GMs, would you allow them as an Edge in your group, and if, how expensive would you make them?
Or do you generally disagree to converting Adept Powers to Edges (of course only low-cost ones and not obviously magical ones like "Distance Strike" or "Traceless Walk")(and knowing that there are several identical Edges/Powers already, although they got no common multiplier when it comes to their cost)?
Tanka
I can safely say that I do have a few Enhanced Senses, but as Edges. Granted, it may be that I'm just an Adept, but I don't place that much faith in the way Shadowrun presents magic.

As a GM, I'd put them at about the same as getting Night Vision as an Edge (2 points).
Capt. Dave
I wouldn't have a problem with having some of the Adept powers as edges, as the rules allow you to create your own edges. Nimble fingers and Multitasking seems like good candidates for edges. 2 points seems a good amount for these powers, IMHO.
Talia Invierno
We already have, not precedent, but at least parallel to this: eg. Pain Resistance, Toughness, Lightning Reflexes, Direction Sense ...

I'd suggest applying a parallel standard to converting any adept powers you see fit.
hermit
ZenZen, is the thread's title a pun?

If so, good one.

And I personally think the troll would fit the group better than Jinx. Though explaining what the hell he does in Hong Kong will seriously strain Robert's ability to explain things away. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012