Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: nerve strike adept power helpl
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
northern lights
i have more questions since i need to finish this character off before tomorrow.

can the nerve strike adept power be used for melee combat when the adept is being attacked, ie in a counterattack situation?

also can that be used with the counterstrike power?

so you could have an adept who paralyzes people who try and hit him.

maybe i should go to bed, but, nah.
fistandantilus4.0
yes... you should go to bed

have no clue. One of my players took my MiTS. Bad karma for him.

But Nerve strike does work differenetly, so off the top of my head, I would say no.
Herald of Verjigorm
"...standard unarmed attack..."

That could imply that it is only useful on the offense, or that it is a valid option anytime you aren't using a maneuver or distance strike. Ask your GM.
northern lights
man, HOV you're not helping any. i'm asking you guys to be my GM

how much karma do i get???

in all seriousness, though, you're probably right with that interpretation. always a safe one.

but (how) would you allow it in your game?
tisoz
QUOTE (northern lights)
can the nerve strike adept power be used for melee combat when the adept is being attacked, ie in a counterattack situation?

Sure, why not?

also can that be used with the counterstrike power?

Sure, why not?

See how easy a GM I am? Considering it is TN4 + Impact Armor and other modifiers and doesn't actually inflict damage thus increasing the opponents wound modifiers, and considering it is TN6 + armor for critters (+modifiers for unusual anatomy), and considering it doesn't work against a bunch of targets, and considering you would probably be as well off not spending the Power Point and just using subduing combat, it seems like an NPC power to me.

QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
One of my players took my MiTS. Bad karma for him.

As in borrowed or stole? I would be so peeved if someone stole my stuff while I was entertaining them. Especially if it was in my home I had invited them into. Reminds me of the time I got a London Fog overcoat as a gift and it got stolen at a party the first time I wore it. dead.gif
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (tisoz)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
One of my players took my MiTS. Bad karma for him.

As in borrowed or stole? I would be so peeved if someone stole my stuff while I was entertaining them. Especially if it was in my home I had invited them into. Reminds me of the time I got a London Fog overcoat as a gift and it got stolen at a party the first time I wore it. dead.gif

As in he packed up his books, and accidentally packed mine as well. Since we have the games at my place ( I have a great big table now , yay!) and I have most of the books and a bunch of pdf's, my stuff gets passed around a lot. He has a MiTS. So it shouldn't be that big of a deal. But this is the third or fourth time. He's ended up with a different book each session over the last month. And of course it happened to the one I needed to look up a rule in the very next day. I'm certain it's not intentional, but definitely very annoying. And unfortunately MiTS is one that I don't have on pdf.

But, my birthday is the 30th, so if anyone of you are feeling generous...... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012