Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple Cyberweapons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Club
I meant to find an old thread to add this to, but since I couldn't find it, I'll start this

Multiple cyberweapons, as carried by the late Hatchetman, who had two spurs in his right arm; One coming out his wrist, the other his elbow. Neat concept, and a cool image, but a not really supported by the rules. Here comes some house rules to try to make it work, so break out your flamethrowers!!

THe first cyberweapon follows standard rules. The second cyberweapon adds Str/2 to the power. Each additional cyberweapon adds +1 to power, to a maximum of Str*2. Cyberweapons beyond the first 4 must be spurs to get any benefit.

Please note that these rules don't mesh well with the CC alternate cyberweapon rules, and sort of break down at higher and lower stregnths. I just tried to add something to the rules in the main book, but I want to hear your ideas, as some have to be better than mine
mfb
meh. i'd just allow the character to force a surprise test the first time he pops the second cyberweapon on his opponent. that's the real advantage, at least as i recall it being described by hatchetman.
Edward
I took hatchet man as negating penalties for your attacker being in an advantages position, like holding him from behind, the traditional safe restraining positions don’t work, they get you a spur in the guts.

Edward
fistandantilus4.0
I agree with Edward. That would be pretty hard to use in conjuction with the forearm spur. Not saying that it wouldn't be possible, but not as efficient as the normal paired spurs. It's more like the eye tool laser or the oral gun (less so the oral gun. Has anyone ever even used an oral lasher!?). Not usually used or all that handy, but when you need it for the appropriate situation (usually as an inexpected weapon) it can be pretty good. Nothing like staring down your opponent, then frying his eyeball with a laser to get out of a bad situation.
Crusher Bob
is that 40 cybernetic eye lasers stuck on your cyber legs, or are you just happy to see me?
mfb
whichever it is, he does see you.
Edward
I was once going to create a character with the eye tool laser, microscopic vision and thermograph vision and flare compensation for fine electrical work, unfortunately it won’t all fit in a metahuman eye, the ability to do fine work while able to see the heat in the job (so you don’t overheat it) and not needing to carry a separate soldering iron would undoubtedly be useful, as well as the ability to weld in hard to reach sections of a vehicle would have been quite useful to this rigger.

Edward
hobgoblin
i think you can install a tool laser in one eye and thermograph in the other nyahnyah.gif
point is that i dont thin you will see much on that eye while the laser is in use anyways wink.gif

and i wonder, would not thermograph vision be automaticaly flare compensated as it shows heat as colors rather then as brightness?
Edward
Natural thermographic is not a color overlay so that would not get that advantage.

I would say that you still need flare comp on artificial thermographic. Although the flare of heat may not result in blinding brightness when it gets to your brain it will overload the receptors.

And I seem to recall the penalties for only having a vision system in one eye where a little on the nasty side.

Edward
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012