Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Flaw
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
6thDragon
One of our players created a character who is a former Urban Brawl player. A type of flaw we thought he should have is something to make him recognizable. If he was a popular sports star fans would have a chance to recognize him, and If you're a shadowrunnner that's not a good thing. Our group agreed to give him the flaw as a two point flaw because he also was in ths spotlight for an attempt to "fix" a game for the mafia. It could be used to his advantage, but like the Dayjob flaw the negatives outweigh the benefits. I just thought I'd run it here to see what everyone thought.
Kagetenshi
Distinctive Style + different interpretation of reason.

Edit: Though perhaps… well, IIRC there are rules in Shadowbeat for 'running as a quasi-celebrity that you could probably adapt.

~J
Smiley
If he was a famous player and was in the spotlight for a game-fixing scandal, I'd make the flaw a little higher than 2 points. People are going to know his face pretty well.
Shanshu Freeman
isn't there already a flaw in the books that can save you the trouble of houseruling this? it had something to do with being different levels of famous, or something.
Smiley
Not in SRComp. There's Bad Rep, Distinctive Style, maybe Hung Out to Dry, or Dark Secret...

Nothing directly dealing with being famous, unless I miss something.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Smiley)
Not in SRComp. There's Bad Rep, Distinctive Style, maybe Hung Out to Dry, or Dark Secret...

Nothing directly dealing with being famous, unless I miss something.

maybe I'm thinking of something somebody made up then.
basically the idea was that there were varying levels of it. say you were a child actor, then some people would vaguely remember you, -1, or whatever, up to say, superstar, where there's no mistaking you, etc.
Digital Heroin
Fame is a sticky one, for a flaw... if you have access to MJLBB, the reputation rules (or a house variant thereof) might reflect that fame better, without giving points for something that can easily work to a characters advantage.

How, you ask? Well a fan is pretty much an instant friendly contact if you sign a few autographs.
mfb
Minor Celebrity
Flaw
The character is, for whatever reason, someone people have heard of, usually because the character has been in the news at some point. Not everyone will recognize the character by sight, but some will. It is also easier to find information about the character. Target Numbers for Matrix searchs and Etiquette tests made to find out information related to the character are reduced by 1 point.

this is the flaw i use for Race.
Digital Heroin
Now that's actually a good way to do it, since they wouldn't have much fame, just notoriety...
northern lights
haha!

and that was my name for the flaw, i think.

i really agree with the matrix search. we hadn't thought of that.

6th, i got something coming your way soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012