Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boss Hoss Motorcycles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Foreigner
I was just wondering:

Has anyone converted the Boss Hoss V-8 motorcycles for Shadowrun?

For those of you who may not have heard of them, here's a link:

Boss Hoss V-8 Cycles

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

--Foreigner
Lindt
Dear godess in space... a 502 ci Motercycle?

I would tell my players to screw off, because thats NUTS!
mmu1
I guess they'd be ok as troll bikes...

Let's see, SR conversion... I'd say take the stats for a normal Hog, increase handling on the road by 2 points and off-road by 4, Body by 1, drastically reduce the fuel economy, and you're set. wink.gif
RangerJoe
So....beautiful....

We're going to need to see some serious improvements in acceleration and speed for such bikes over the 'hog' chasis base. Also, sig: 0... or maybe Sig: (You're kidding, right?)
Foreigner
Here's a scary thought, folks.

I just saw a 2002 502-c.i.d. Boss Hoss with a 150-H.P. N.O.S. nitrous oxide injection system.

E-Bay: 2002 Boss Hoss ZZ-4 502

Edit: Sorry. The link doesn't seem to want to work. You may have to look for it on E-Bay
the hard way--by accessing the site and looking for "Boss Hoss motorcycles" at the E-Bay Motors subsite.

--Foreigner
Astelaron
They don't list a top speed or acceleration for these in the specs. Is there a way to estimate their 0 to 60 given their insane horsepower?
Dave
Now that you have pointed them out I will convert at least one of the bikes and adding them to my site, it's just a case of finding time.

As you can see from my sig I don't get much time to do updates.
Foreigner
Astelaron:

If there is a way, I'm not certain what it is.

Sorry. frown.gif

However, given that the 502-c.i.d. version has about as much power as a current-generation Chevrolet Corvette or Dodge Viper, but in a vehicle weighing, at most, about half as much, I would say that the potential top speed of a Boss Hoss is something in excess of 200 MPH--limited by such things as drag and operator courage, of course. wink.gif

EDIT: I meant 200 MPH-plus in a straight line; I realize that a bike like that couldn't corner very well. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

--Foreigner
mmu1
I'm betting the fact that they gush about horsepower and torque on their site but don't give any 0-60 or top speed data means their performance sucks.

Also remember that the trick isn't just putting a really big engine on something - it's getting the engine to do useful work. Unless you can generate enough traction, a lot of that horsepower will just be wasted burning rubber and the bike will not come close to reaching the theoretical performance it could have with that engine.

And, while I wouldn't be especially surprised I was wrong (my automotive knowledge base consists mainly of "facts" gleaned watching Monster Garage once in a while) a 2-speed semi-automatic transmission doesn't seem to indicate this thing was built for speed, rather than show.

Plus, it's so fat and ugly there's no way in hell it could lean enough to corner at anything like 200mph... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012