Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A rules question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SR4WorldOrder
I was wondering if the SR4 will keep using the nuyen.gif as the major currency and the metric system for Norh Amercia.
Jrayjoker
Hey, they didn't remake the world, just the rules and tech. I gotta side with Swordfish Mustardball.

In all seriousness, they are going to the Euro and converting to base 17 mathematics so that the dark lords will not eat them.
blakkie
QUOTE (SR4WorldOrder @ Jul 20 2005, 03:34 AM)
I was wondering if the SR4 will keep using the nuyen.gif as the major currency and the metric system for Norh Amercia.

Why not keep using the metric system? Current day the metric system already is the primary measurement system for North America, except for the USA where it is an widely used by the populance. wink.gif

EDIT: Let us all celebrate the move to base 17 by singing a rousing verse or more of "5E Bottles Of Beer On The Wall".
Kagetenshi
0x63 bottles of beer on the wall, 0x63 bottles of beer…

~J
Jrayjoker
Now you are singing my song....God bless you all.
blakkie
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
0x63 bottles of beer on the wall, 0x63 bottles of beer…

~J

Kids nowadays. If you want real old school go DEC PDP-style with 0143 bottles of beer on the wall. nyahnyah.gif But the future is base 17, not base 16!
Adam
Yes and yes.
Kagetenshi
01100011 bottles of Jolt on the wall, 01100011 bottles of Jolt…

Back to the main question of the thread, it's all simply a "no one knows" Adam comes in and answers it kind of question. It's more of a setting question than a rules one, though.

~J
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Adam)
Yes and yes.

Awwwwww, I thought I was at least a little close on the Euro.
RangerJoe
It would have to be the nuEuro, or Neuro, for short.
Taki
In 5 years the whole amazing potential of French Genius and sleeping economy could rise above the sky so that country become such a primary state in power. and influence over the world.
Finally France introduces its own money, the NuFranc, as a reminiscence of its currency right before the coming of Euro.

Or maybe not ? spin.gif
I think I REALLy need to sleep !
mfb
wouldn't that make Damien Knight, The Chromed Accountant, and The Keynesian Kid neuroma[content removed for copyright infringement]
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Taki)
Or maybe not? spin.gif

I think I REALLy need to sleep!

Nah, more like some really strong anti-psychotic meds. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012