Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Art?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eldritch
More Art, Scroll down

I'm on a mailing list for Atlantis, the Second age. They posted some preview art that will be used in the book. The artist also mentions some of his work is to be in Sr4. It looks pretty good. (Better in fact than a lot I've seen so far) smile.gif

Jrayjoker
Hmmmm, a bit cartoony for my tastes.
JongWK
My polite guess: The first SR pic (woman doing some wall-running stunts) looks like it could go straight into the combat or adept sections.

Looks promising.
hermit
Very promising. I actually like his style. Hope his art makes it into some books. It needs a bit more detail, but that can easily be done, can't it?
RangerJoe
Heh. I love the cyberarm + pistol under the table.

Han. Shot. First.
Eldritch
QUOTE (RangerJoe)

Han. Shot. First.

Amen!

I'm gonna gave to dig out my orginal VHS's of the movie to show my kids the way that scene really went down. smile.gif
nezumi
Hoi! How come we can't have her doing the cover? I'd be happy to see her art in my books.
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Eldritch)
QUOTE (RangerJoe @ Jul 21 2005, 08:30 PM)

Han. Shot. First.

Amen!

I'm gonna gave to dig out my orginal VHS's of the movie to show my kids the way that scene really went down. smile.gif

Ha! I didn't catch that before.
SL James
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (Eldritch @ Jul 21 2005, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (RangerJoe @ Jul 21 2005, 08:30 PM)

Han. Shot. First.

Amen!

Ha! I didn't catch that before.

You mean you don't have the t-shirt?
Zen Shooter01
Han. Shot. First. Agreed. Not second, not simultaneously. First.
Jrayjoker
I meant in the picture. I didn't see the weapon.
sanctusmortis
The wallrunning one is cool, as is the last one, which I suspect would be better colour.
Eldritch
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
I meant in the picture. I didn't see the weapon.

Yeah, I missed it the first time I looked. smile.gif
Backgammon
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)

WTF is this Han shot first thing?
SL James
QUOTE (Backgammon)
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Jul 21 2005, 05:59 PM)

WTF is this Han shot first thing?

You... You're kidding, right?
Grinder
I'll second him. What is it?
Ellery
In Star Wars Episode IV (which was later remastered and reremastered and called "A New Hope"), Greedo comes up and threatens Han Solo in the cantina in Mos Eisley. He's waving his blaster around like a lunatic. Han calmly shoots him under the table and walks away (paying the bartender for the mess, IIRC).

Apparently, it's "evil" to shoot a bounty hunter who has gun in your face, as long as he's not actually shooting at you, so in the new versions, Greedo fires first, missing by about three feet when shooting at someone across the table. It's stupid and ruins the calm badassedness of the Han Solo character.

Han shot first.
Caine Hazen
/CaineHazen wanders into the topic..
/CaineHazen looks around
/CaineHazen decides it's better to just hose down everyone with his SMG
/CaineHazen decides it's safer to...

/NUKE IT FORM ORBIT

it's the only way to be sure....
Overwatch
Note the graffiti in the picture with the wall running adept. Does this mean Detroit will be one of the locations in SR 4?
SL James
QUOTE (Overwatch)
Note the graffiti in the picture with the wall running adept. Does this mean Detroit will be one of the locations in SR 4?

Maybe it's a Robocop reference.
Bull
QUOTE (Eldritch)
I'm on a mailing list for Atlantis, the Second age.

Atlantis the Second Age?
mfb
QUOTE (Ellery)
...so in the new versions, Greedo fires first, missing by about three feet when shooting at someone across the table.

in the new new versions, they shoot simultaneously. still stupid, and also proof that George Lucas doesn't have the balls god gave a hockey team (get it, they play with a puck? woo, i kill me!).

or, at least, his neck has no balls.
Critias
I don't want to talk about it.
Ellery
Greedo fires first in the new version, I think, not simultaneously. I haven't looked at the scene frame by frame, but you can clearly hear that one shot is fired before the other, and I seem to remember a visual one-two also.
apollo124
QUOTE (Overwatch)

IMO it just means that the city of Detroit still exists and someone ain't real thrilled about it.
cyber.gif
Kagetenshi
Could be Chicago and some rivalry.

~J
Eldritch
QUOTE (Bull @ Jul 22 2005, 04:55 AM)
QUOTE (Eldritch @ Jul 21 2005, 12:33 PM)
I'm on a mailing list for Atlantis, the Second age.

Atlantis the Second Age?

Morrigan Press

Atlantis Yahoo Group

Morrigan Press recently aquired the rights to my other favorite Game, Talislanta. The creator of Talislanta had also published (Under Bard Games) The Atlantis RPG - three books in all - Rules, Monsters, and World - iirc. I'd have to dig them out.

Anyway the peeps at Morrigan are fans of the Atlantis setting as well, and have resurected it, using the Talislanta 4 rules and rerealsing it.

I'd bought the Atlantis books a gazillion years ago - when I first bought Tal, I'd planned on using some of the materiel from Atlantis in my Tal games.

Good stuff, from the good ole days. smile.gif

Stangely enough, the guys at Morrigan just announed that the print run for Tal4 was about done - they polled us on the list asking if they should print Tal 5, or just revise Tal4 for a second printing. eek.gif

Edit: The cover for the Atlantis book is Awesome! Download the Sampler to get a good look at it.
Bull
Hehe. My first thought was that LRG, or Red Roof/Brick/ROver (whoever is doing the "other" Earthdawn game. I'm blanking on the cmpany name right now) had decided to release a game set in the 2nd age of the SR/ED world smile.gif

Bull
fistandantilus4.0
Red Brick. They're doind Earthdawn 'classic'. Basically rehashing the original ED books, and picking it up from there, because they didn't like where LRG was going with the line (and because they thought they could make some money off of it).
Grinder
RedBrick's going to put all released books in some single volumes. Just look at their webpage and read what will be contained in the Players and GM books.

They will release some new stuff in early 2006 and are currently working on a complete new edition of Earthdawn, but that won't see the light before 2007 i would guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012