Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stranger Than Fiction...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Digital Heroin
I pose to you, the gathered hive mind that nests within this forum, this question: What is the strangest story idea you have ever worked into Shadowrun?

Mine reveals the larger, scarier geek hiding within the soft squishy confines of my mind... I have begun to mix Shadowrun and Star Trek. Actually, it is the other way around, given the play it was involved in (online freeform) was Trek based. But I digress... what strangeness has your mind concocted?
lorthazar
Well I was playing with a group that had never read the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings or even seen the movies. So I put them in the part of stealing the Ring from a Toxic shaman and framing a dragon. Then they founfd out the ring was a terribly powerful power focus/mob influece/improved invisibility focus that the Toxic Shaman had stolen from an IE.

Later after we completed it Peter Jackson made LOTR and I just got an emial from someone who had made the connection.
Cray74
QUOTE (Digital Heroin)
I pose to you, the gathered hive mind that nests within this forum, this question: What is the strangest story idea you have ever worked into Shadowrun?

Very physical meta-planar travel, or something indistinguishable from it. An unusual Mr. Johnson hired the PCs to visit and examine certain spots. At one of them, a gas station's raunchy bathroom, they had a literal "through-the-looking-glass" experience. They ended up in a place very similar to the town/carnival in "Monkey Bone." They later ended up at a couple of other odd meta-planes. One PC eventually used the "Monkey Bone meta-plane" as the ultimate safe house, but the other wanted nothing to do with it.
Nikoli
An Apocyclypse cult (pre-TotC,my personal lead in for that story arc) is kidnapping students from a major Seattle university, either to convert them through psychotropic IC or if that fails, render the fat from their bodies and use it for the production of fried goods sold at the school cafeteria, the meat also being likewise used. Several ghosts and specters have been created as a result of this gruesome practice and they haunt the dormitories and cafeteria of the school. One of them eventually goes mad and starts attacking, bringing the PC's in from a few different other hooks.

(btw, DH I think you were in that game)
RangerJoe
I've mentioned this around the forums once or twice, I think. In a campaign with a very paranoid, conspiracy-theory-dabbling decker, the following elements somehow managed to be worked together in a single gaming session:

* a lascivious spook who kept showing up at the ex-street-sam/current shaman's apartment and finding her in compromising situations

* a forest fire on the olympic penninsula

* a crashed UFO

* "gray" aliens

* the revelation that the shaman's powers were not in fact hers, but the manifested power of a powerful (alien) free spirit

* "My little pony" (yes, she was a pony shaman)

* the truth about SoyaFizz.

I miss that campaign....
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (Nikoli)

I think I was going to play Angel for that, wasn't I? My pacifist gecko shaman changeling? I've flaked out of far too many good runs...
Nikoli
It was the private investigation campaign
Fix-it
QUOTE (Nikoli)
An Apocyclypse cult (pre-TotC,my personal lead in for that story arc) is kidnapping students from a major Seattle university, either to convert them through psychotropic IC or if that fails, render the fat from their bodies and use it for the production of fried goods sold at the school cafeteria, the meat also being likewise used. Several ghosts and specters have been created as a result of this gruesome practice and they haunt the dormitories and cafeteria of the school. One of them eventually goes mad and starts attacking, bringing the PC's in from a few different other hooks.

That's beutiful, It's every grade-school rumor come true.
Nikoli
vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012