Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Conversion of Kaneda's Motorcycle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hero
One of the coolest vehicles from Akira is Kaneda's motorcycle, the way the motorcycle looks just screams "BAD ASS." So I figured I would put it into shadowrun, I wish there was a site with the technical specs of the motorcycle, but there was no site that had them. It is said to be the Ferrari of the bike world so I made it so, it has it speed maxed out, acceleration too, and uses Smart Materials increasing its already amped-up performance. It also has good handling, and other extras the would befit a street cycle of such stature. In the end, I think I captured the spirit and feel of kaneda's Ferrari of a motorcycle.

I followed all the rules that are presented in the Rigger 3 book, so it is cannon as far as I am concerned. And I decided the cycle would be in production, not as a one of a kind. I will have all the options and customizations selected in the making of the Ferrari of motorcycles below.

Load(start/max): 60/115; Speed(start/max): 120/276; Acceleration(start/max): 10/20.7; Signature: 2; Fuel Code(start): 15; Econ(start/max): 8/16; DP: 88; Body: 2; CF(start/max):1/2; Handling: 3/6; Armor: 0; Autonav: 0; Sensor: 0; Seat: 1m; Entry: -; DP: 180; Mark-up: .30

Acceleration Inc. (+10 Acceleration)
Inc. 10; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 250
Handling Inc. (-3 Handling)
Inc. 3; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 75
CF Inc. (+1 CF)
Inc. 5; Max -; CF +1; Load -; DP 5
Load Inc. (+50kg)
Inc. 5; Max -; CF -; Load +50kg; DP 5
Speed Inc. (+120 to speed)
Inc. 156; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 312
Smart Materials (15% increase to speed, accel, load)
Inc. -; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 100
AutoNav (Autonav 3)
Inc. 3; Max 4; CF -; Load -; DP 50
Gyro Stab (Allows cycle to by controlled by AutoNav or RC)
Inc. -; Max -; CF -; Load -5kg; DP 110
Sensor (Sensor Rating2)
Inc. 2; Max 10; CF 1; Load -20kg; DP 75
Anti-Theft System (Rating 6 with electric system)
Inc. 6; Max 10; CF -; Load -; DP 44
Tires (Performance Run Flats +700Y)
Inc. -; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP -

Honda Kaneda SE Type-G

Handling: 2/4
Speed: 276
Acceleration: 20
Body: 2
Armor: 0
signature: 2
Auto Nav: 3
Sensor: 2
CF: 1
Load: 90
Seat: 1b
Entry: None
Fuel: G 15L
Econ: 8km/L
S/B: -
L/T: -
Chassis: Race Bike
St. Index: 3
Availability: 2/1 month
Cost: 38,820Y
Features: Smart Material, Gyro Stabilized, Anti-Theft System (6) with Electric System, Performance Tires (Run Flats)

If anybody has any thoughts on the custom cycle above, please post them.
Domino
I would think the size of it would lead you to choosing the chopper frame. I wouldn't ever call a racing bike a "beast". Like a Blitzen on steroids. Also, I don't recall it having anything which would warrant you including Smart materials.

Not a bad bike just very expensive and armorless. It looked like Kaneda was almost in a cockpit.
DV8
Oh, that's nice, Hero. Very nice. smile.gif

I don't think I would've made it a Honda bike because they're better known for their touring bikes than their rice-rockets. Nor would I have given it the Akira model name, but rather the Kaneda model name. I mean, seriously, Kaneda was far cooler than Akira and Tetsuo put together. smile.gif
JACK THE CHIPPER
There are specs for the bike out there, and I remember this topic cropping up before on the forums. Did you try a search?

The bike Kaneda rides has two engines, one in each wheel, it is explained in the manga comics IIRC. If you want real life statistics for a bike like this, try to find the specs of the Suzuki Nuda, it is a 2x2 motorbike, still only one engine though.

Hope that helps.
Backgammon
I've seen a real version of that bike in the streets here once. Well, looked like it, anyway. May not have had the actual performance specs.
Hero
I have done some searching for the specs on Kenade's cycle, but when I did the search engine gave me a bunch of shit, well most of the site anyways. I never bothered with looking on the forums, maybe I should have done that, well maybe I will do that later then. And I never knew there where 2x2 motorcycles, always finding something new each day.

>DV8
You are right though, the name Kaneda would fit a lot better then Akira, I'll take you suggestion and change the name. Thanks.
Toa
The picture of the Suzuki Aurora reminded me of Kaneda's bike. Probably they're identical? wink.gif
Catsnightmare
It's been a l-o-n-g time since I last watched Akira, but IIRC the bike had a bucket seat on it, not a conventional motercycle seat.
Hero
That is right, Kenade's cycle did have a bucket seat, should have remembered that. The next vehicle I want to convert from Akira is the Clowns leaders cycle, not the nicest motorcycle to look at, but it has a very unique look to it. I am now seriously considering have a ganger campaign based off Akira, very easy to do. I now have to convince the group to run that one, over the current one that hasn't even gotten off the ground.
Abstruse
The Clown leader's bike was just a souped-up Harley pretty much.

The Abstruse One
Hero
What speed do you think the Clowns leaders bike is capable of attaining, if I had to hazard a guess, it would be around 190-210. With an acceleration of 10-15, this is just a rough guess, if there where any reliable sites that had the specs. If there where any sites that had the specs, I would have a far easier time at converting the vehicles.
Dr Komuso
Just a little aside here: I actually ended up giving a bike that I describe as "the Akira bike" to one of my players, an ex go-ganger. He snatched it off some experimental drones inside the arcology (Sounds silly, I know, but it was fairly cool), and ended up managing to get it out. I've been avoiding giving him the stats for it, 'cause the Rigger 3 rules scare me, so thanks a lot, you just saved my bacon grinbig.gif
Hero
>Dr Komuso

Hey, I do what I can, and the rules in Rigger 3 are not scare they are quite clear. Well they are quite clear to me at least, to others they are confusing as hell. It is quite funny that the rules in Rigger 3 are clear to me, because I have never played a rigger in my time of playing Shadowrun and rarely use the book too, I am always the awakened character player.
danbot37
IN the movie, when they are arrested after Tetsuo gets taken by the army, when looking at their liscenses, it says it is a liscense for an electric powered motorcycle. With a motor in each wheel; when he revs his bike, you can see the sparks coming from the 'bead' of the tire (where rim meets tire), on both tires. As far as speed, in the movie when playing 'chicken' with the clowns leader, it showed him around 180 or so kmh, or little over 110 mph (this is all going by memory here, but I know it showed 150 or 180 somethin). Not all that fast by todays standards, as bikes are no topping 180 and 190 mph without modifications. I think the speed in the movie was a product of the movie being from the 80's. But, considering what we have now, and given the nearly sixty years to modern sr times, taking into consideration a somewhat lack of development due to all the troubles of the sixth world during that period and the difficulty for aerodynamicsabove 200mph, a 230 mph top speed would be a good estimate, unmodded. I forget how to convert to sr rating, but if you need to know, I will figure it out again. Acceeration of a present day bike, if I remeber right (i did figure this out too, based on 1/4 mile times) was around 14 or so for a sr rating. And the body would be kinda high, I think, considering what the bike made it through in the end of the movie.

If it seems like I am giving this too much thought. Being my mixture of hobbies of gaming, motorcycling, and anime, also my profession as a mechanic and my affinity for math, I probably am. My thoughts, take it or leave it.
Hero
>danbot37

Kaneda's cycle was an electric race bike? It's been a while since I last say the Anima too, I never noticed the licence thing, next time I will have to pay more attention to the part where they where detained. Maybe I will try to make the Electric version and see how that turns out, maybe in my game setting Honda made a Gas and Electric model of the bike, that would be interesting.
danbot37
well, Hero, I would not have known without the capsules option on the special ed. dvd, they give you translations of various japanese text and such throughout the movie. They also redid the voices for a more literal translation also. Made my understanding of the movie a lot better. AS for the electric thing, it didmake a lot of sense what with the sparks from the wheel and all. And just so you know, the special edition has a second dvd that show a lot of artwork, and might give you more pics to work with if ya needed.
Hero
>danbot37

don't have the Special Edition dvd my self but I do have friend that does, have to barrow it from him. Well Kaneda's bike really just inspired me to make something that was really fast on two wheels and had the look, but I now really want to make a carbon copy of Kaneda's motorcycle now. Here is a list of what I have as of now on the stats of the bike from the movie, they are below.

Chassis: street bike
Powerplant: Electric Fuel Cell
Speed: 190-210
Accel: 14-16
Seating: 1(bucket seat)
Modifications: Smart Materials, Gyro Stab, Sensors 2, Autonav 3, Armor(concidering, not sure)
Hero
I finally got around to making Kaneda's actual bike from the movie, not just a Race Cycle that looked like it. Well I will post it blow for all to see.

Power Plant (Electric Fuel Cell)
Load(start/max): 30/100; Speed(start/max): 120/240; Accel(start/max)10/18; Fuel: 40; Econ(start/max): .25/1; DP: 92
Chassis
Body: 2; CF(start/max):1/2; Handling: 3/6; Armor: 0; Autonav: 0; Sensor: 0; Seat: 1m; Entry: -; DP: 180; Mark-up: .30

Acceleration (+6 Acceleration)
Inc. 6; max 8; CF -; Load -; DP 250
Fuel Capacity (+40PF)
Inc. 40; max -; CF -; Load 8; DP 16
Econ Increase (+ .75 Economy)
Inc. 75; max -; CF -; Load -; DP 375
Handling (-3 Handling)
Inc. 3; max 4; CF -; Load -; DP 75
Cargo (+1 CF)
Inc. 1; max 1; CF +1; Load -; DP 5
Load (+70kg Load)
Inc. 70; max 70; CF -; Load +70kg; DP 7
Speed (+90 Speed)
Inc. 90; max 120; CF -; Load -; DP 180
Autonav (rating 3)
Inc. 3; max 4; CF -; Load -; DP 50
Gyro Stab
Inc. -; max -; CF -; Load -5kg; DP 225
Armor (+2 Armor)
Inc. 2; max -; CF -; Load -40kg; DP 100
Sensor (rating 2 Sensor)
Inc. 2; max 10; CF -1; Load -20kg; DP 75
Per Runflate
Inc. -; max -; CF -; Load -; Cost +700Y

Kaneda's Motorcycle

Speed: 210
Accel: 16
Armor: 2
Sig: 4
Auto: 3
Load: 35
Seat: 1
Entry: none
Fuel: 80PF
Econ: 1km/PF
Chassis: Race Cycle
SI:
Avail:
Cost: 48,900

I didn't do over kill on it like the Honda Kaneda SE Type-G/Type-E, well I think I didn't anyways. Somebody said it should have armor because of the beating it took, and was still running by the end of the Anima. If there is anything out of place please post it so as I may correct it if it sound good. I have also made the Electric Fuel Cell version of the Honda Kaneda SE Type-G, it is posted below.

Electric Fuel Cell
Load(start/max): 30/115; Speed(start/max): 120/276; Acceleration(start/max): 10/20.7; Signature: 2; Fuel Code(start): 40; Econ(start/max): .25/1; DP: 92
Chassis
Body: 2; CF(start/max):1/2; Handling: 3/6; Armor: 0; Autonav: 0; Sensor: 0; Seat: 1m; Entry: -; DP: 180; Mark-up: .30

Acceleration Inc. (+10 Acceleration)
Inc. 10; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 250
Handling Inc. (-3 Handling)
Inc. 3; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 75
CF Inc. (+1 CF)
Inc. 5; Max -; CF +1; Load -; DP 5
Load Inc. (+80kg)
Inc. 80; Max -; CF -; Load +80kg; DP 8
Speed Inc. (+120 to speed)
Inc. 156; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 312
Smart Materials (15% increase to speed, accel, load)
Inc. -; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP 100
AutoNav (Autonav 3)
Inc. 3; Max 4; CF -; Load -; DP 50
Gyro Stab (Allows cycle to by controlled by AutoNav or RC)
Inc. -; Max -; CF -; Load -5kg; DP 110
Sensor (Sensor Rating2)
Inc. 2; Max 10; CF 1; Load -20kg; DP 75
Anti-Theft System (Rating 6 with electric system)
Inc. 6; Max 10; CF -; Load -; DP 44
Tires (Performance Run Flats +700Y)
Inc. -; Max -; CF -; Load -; DP -

Honda Kaneda SE Type-E

Speed: 276
Acceleration: 20
Armor: 0
signature: 4
Auto Nav: 3
Load: 85
Seat: 1
Entry: None
Fuel: 40PF
Econ: .25km/PF
Chassis: Race Bike
St. Index: 3
Availability: 2/1 month
Cost: 39,730Y
Features: Smart Material, Gyro Stabilized, Anti-Theft System (6) with Electric System, Performance Tires (Run Flats)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012