Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who needs the Awakening for magical politics?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demonseed Elite
Israel is one step ahead, it seems
JongWK
Read that yesterday. I couldn't believe it at first, then saw that a similar "ritual" had been performed prior to Rabin's death. No wonder the Shin Bet is tightening Sharon's security.
Grinder
Not sure if it's frightening or ridicolous. Or both.
hermit
Like such things are a novelty. Just some more examples:

Iceland has a special government envoy to the Fae. She, among other things, advises the government on all construction plans for infrastructure and buildings and how to build them so that the fae aren't angered. To the point where an entire hill was very, very carefully moved to not anger a bunch of trolls living inside during highway construction.

Also, the Bank of China desgined their Hong Kong HQ according to Feng Shui principles - to spoil their neighbours' Karma as bad as possible, to make their competitors' business suck.

Jacques Chirac makes no decision without consulting a celebrity seer who's quite well known in France.

And finally, Papa Doc, a Haitian dictator of the 80s, had standing orders to kill every animal approachinghim, as he feared an enemy would use Voudoun magic to finish him off.
Backgammon
"all but one dressed in black."

Uh, did he forget to dress up or is that part of the ritual? Damn incomplete news reporting. WE NEED TO KNOW!!
Herald of Verjigorm
Haven't you read up on the rules for ritual sorcery recently? The one in teal was the main spellcaster, and the others were support. They were using symbolic linking with a low res photo from a newspaper as the link.
JongWK
QUOTE (hermit)
Jacques Chirac makes no decision without consulting a celebrity seer who's quite well known in France.

Et tu, De Kervelec? wobble.gif

Seriously, got a link?
otaku mike
You think I got the idea all by myself? smile.gif But to be honest, Chirac is not that addicted to astrology (at least compared to De Paladines whose life might depend on it). I'm not quite sure which seer Hermit was talking about though.
ShadowDragon8685
Shoulden't using Feng Shui as a weapon be an enormous drag on your own karma potential?
fistandantilus4.0
ask Wuxing
nezumi
QUOTE (hermit)
Also, the Bank of China desgined their Hong Kong HQ according to Feng Shui principles - to spoil their neighbours' Karma as bad as possible, to make their competitors' business suck.

One of my teachers were there during that. There were two banks across the road from the other, so the first put up lions by the door to scare off evil spirits. The second, who suddenly felt their business was in decline, put mirrors on their building to reflect them back. The two got into a feng shui arms race to get the spirits out of their place and into their competitors. Eventually one of them went out of business.
fistandantilus4.0
probably because they kept wasting money on redecorating wink.gif
Grinder
A good Feng Shui has its price. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012