Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melee Combat - Stun or Physical Damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowGhost
I've been looking through my books, and I could swear I remembered something somewhere where you could choose to do physical damage in unarmed melee combat. Of course, I can't find it now.

Was I just imagining it, or is there something in one of the books that allows you to chose to do physical damage instead of stun?
nick012000
Let's see...

Killing Fists adept power.
Bone lacing cyber lets you halve power to do physical damage.
A martial arts maneuver I can't remember off the top of my head.
toturi
Killing Hands
Bone Lacing
Vicious Blow
ShadowGhost
Thanks for the help - your guidance led me to page 300, with the bone lacing description.

I thought there was some way I could do double duty damage in a melee attack by doing physical damage (12M/2 = 6M) ceramic Bone Lacing, and using Shock Hand Cyber implant to add 8S stun, so I can fill up both sides of the damage boxes on my opponent at the same time.

Now I know.... 6M Physical, and 8S Stun...... and Combat Monster flaw to boot. biggrin.gif
northern lights
also the "choice" of physical or stun damage is given to during astral combat. with no specifics on halving the power.
nick012000
QUOTE (ShadowGhost)
Thanks for the help - your guidance led me to page 300, with the bone lacing description.

I thought there was some way I could do double duty damage in a melee attack by doing physical damage (12M/2 = 6M) ceramic Bone Lacing, and using Shock Hand Cyber implant to add 8S stun, so I can fill up both sides of the damage boxes on my opponent at the same time.

Now I know.... 6M Physical, and 8S Stun...... and Combat Monster flaw to boot. biggrin.gif

Heh... reminds me of the physad in the game I'm in. In the first run, he nearly killed a corp chick we kidnapped because of his shock gloves. She would have died, if it weren't for the window he was punching through lowering the power of the punch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012