Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bare-Bones NPCs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
Libra
A psychopath for hire, Libra is a sorceror who focuses on ritual sorcery and assassination. His modus operandi is to capture someone who looks like his target and surgically alter them into their veritable twin...unless the target has a twin, in which case Libra attempts to kidnap them. Libra is a master of Symbolic Linking and Sacrificing metamagics, and uses the twin as a symbolic link to his victim...he derives a twisted pleasure from killing the symbolic twin, using the death to lessen the drain from the spell that will kill the true victim.
Notable Skills: Biotech (Cosmetic Surgery), Sorcery (Ritual Magic), Astrology, Medecine
Notable Metamagics: Diving (Astrology), Sacrificing, Symbolic Linking

Zeuvembie
A female ghoul shadowrunner that's quickly making a name for herself, Zeuvembie is uncommonly attractive for a ghoul but does nothing to hide her smell or appearence...more than one runner has faced alternating waves of arousal and disgust as her lithe form flirtaciously rubbed up against them. Zeuvembie is fast and nimble, her personal style combining elements of Muay Thai with cyberimplant weaponry. She's particularly feared for her twin cyberspurs...each one comes out coated with her own blood, presenting the risk of infection to whomever gets within her reach. She has a particular hatred of Voudoun "Steppin' Razors," such as those possessed by spirits of Ogoun and Shango.
Notable Skills: Cyberimplant Weaponry, Mauy Thai, Floribama, Ghouls
Notable Cyberware: Retractable Cyberspurs(2, one in each arm)(Beta), Wired Reflexes 3 (Beta).

Pachinko Mike
Mike's an astral adept that hires himself out as an occult troubleshooter. He survives because he undercuts the other magicians with rock-bottom prices. "Everybody's got there little vices." Mike's include his omnipresent cigarros and hip flask (and butt flask, and boot flask, and pocket-of-coat flask...) Right now, Mike is a little depressed. He was happy in Hong Kong. The astral shallow let him get away with a lot. Now he has to go back to work for a living. It's a dismal prospect. Mike's best trick is being able to do a quick possession...something that works best in special circumstances.
Notable Skills:Harate, Kung Fu, Sorcery (Astral Combat), Cooking, Magic Background, Mandarin Chinese
Notable Metamagics: Limited Astral Projection, Possessing
Notable Adept Powers: Astral Perception, Killing Hands (Geas: Astral Targets Only), Magic Sense

Bunny
Initially, Bunny was a traditional stand-over man (well, dwarf) from the backstreets of Caerleon, hunting down criminals and hurting them until they forked over their hidden caches, then killing them. He left Britain for parts abroad when his activities started to attract some heat, and has since then engaged in the mercenary mercantilism of the shadows.
Bunny doesn't have any magic and doesn't want any bloody implants. He specializes in hurting people. His nickname comes from his ability to wiggle his ears.
Notable Skills: Biotech, Boxing, Interrogation, Intimidation, Criminal Organizations, Torture, Torture (B/R), Welsh

Troglodyte
He doesn't speak. Of course, with the number of scars on his throat, it's possible he can't speak. Troglodyte is so big he looms over most giants. Generally, the teams he's on treat him as muscle. He appears to understand Armenian, English, Hebrew, and Sasquatch sign language (he'll actually use the latter, if he meets a sasquatch).
Troglodyte's little secret is that he was part of a series of genetic experiments on an unnamed prison population for religious dissidents (he's Jewish). His big secret is the small explosive device implanted in his chest. Should things turn against him, Troglodyte plans to grab his enemy in a bear hug and activate the bomb, trusting in his innate toughness to let him survive.
Notable Skills: Athletics, Intimidation, Savate (treat as Muay Thai), Seduction, Survival, Body Building, Genetic Engineering, Kabbala, Prisons
Notable Genetech: Angiotensin, Calcitonin, Erythropoietin, Glucagon, Phenotypic Alteration, Pollution Tolerance Adaptation.
Ancient History
<whistles Dixie>
Jrayjoker
Yeah, well, you know...very nice. I'll throw a few up later.[FONT=Courier][SIZE=1][COLOR=gray]Away down south in the land of cotton....
Velocity
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Libra

<insert bloodcurdling shriek> eek.gif

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Zeuvembie

Okay, now I just need a shower.

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Pachinko Mike

Is he hot? What about flirtatious? Nice trick, the quick possession--but is he lithe and arousing?

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Bunny

Great idea for a recurring antagonist, but I gotta wonder how he trumps 'runners without having any 'ware or magic. More importantly, is he hot? Maybe he seduces the runners first?

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Troglodyte

Okay, you know he's hot. Totally hot. I'm happy to finally see some characters from outside America, but I have to know...

Does he put out?
Ancient History
QUOTE (velocity)
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Zeuvembie

Okay, now I just need a shower.

Hot or cold?

QUOTE (velocity)
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Pachinko Mike

Is he hot? What about flirtatious? Nice trick, the quick possession--but is he lithe and arousing?

No. If the right women cleaned him up, he might one day aspire to presentable.

QUOTE (velocity)
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Bunny

Great idea for a recurring antagonist, but I gotta wonder how he trumps 'runners without having any 'ware or magic. More importantly, is he hot? Maybe he seduces the runners first?

One: He can kick their head in. From waist level.
Two: He's nasty, tricksy, clever and doesn't fight fair. Ever.
Three: His idea of seduction is hitting the meanest bastard of a runner over the head with a glass bottle and stabbing the shards into their ear. Later on involves thumbscrews and little electric jolts.

Troglodyte wants to settle down with a nice Jewish troll some day. Miss Manners has repeatedly turned down his lengthy hand-written proposal sonnets. He's considering hitting her over the head with a rock and dragging her back to his apartment.
Ancient History
I still love these.
ShadowDragon8685
Bahahaahaahahaahaah.

Those're hilarious, AH.
Shockwave_IIc
Ermm isn't the Ghoul dead due to too much cyberware???

and no i don't get it...
Ancient History
Possibly. Have to check on that.

What don't you get, SIIc?
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Possibly. Have to check on that.

What don't you get, SIIc?

The reasoning behind why others found them funny. Perhaps because i know too many "alternate" people...
Paul
Can any one play? If so I have 16 years worth of NPC's.
Nyxll
QUOTE (Paul)
Can any one play? If so I have 16 years worth of NPC's.

Of course you can. I am also making an archive to add to delta grade.
Lenice Hawk
Trogolodyte

Notable Skills: Athletics, Intimidation, Savate (treat as Muay Thai), Seduction,

Perhaps I don't understand the skill very well, but seduction?

Edit: Forgot to say, I love the wrrite ups!
Ancient History
He can write very persuasive notes.
Paul
Jimmy B

Ork-Male-35-40

Every mans ork. A married father of seven, SINless and always in search of a better way to support his family, Jimmy B took his natural athletic skills to streets, and over the last decade has built himself an impressive rep. Jimmy has alot of friends, especially in the Ork community. Jimmy always has a smile, a good joke, and is always ready to make that next score to meet the needs of his family.

Notable Skills Jimmy makes use of small arms like SMG's and Pistols, occasionally shot guns. He is skilled at fitting in with most social groups, and he is that guy who always knows how to say the right thing.

Notable wetware All of Jimmy's wares are as unobtrusive as possible, and concentrate on making him faster and stronger. Cybernetic eyes and smartgun link.

SouthPaw

Male-Human-27-37

Smart ass Boston Irish Street Samurai transplanted to Seattle. SouthPaw is, like his name says, a leftie. He has extensively modified his left arm which is cybernetic. SouthPaw drives a diesel King Quad cab truck as his POV (Personally Owned Vehicle), and utilizes an Ares Alpha Combat gun as his primary weapon.

Notable Skills Assault Rifles, Heavy weapons and Small arms

Notable Wetware Heavily modified cybernetci left arm which is definitely stronger than the right arm. (Which may or may not be cybernetic.) Bone lacing, and Eyes.

I have a lot more I'll try to get some more up soon.
Deamon_Knight
Tourture (B/R) ? Thats pretty extreme...
Paul
Well I assume it covers the construction of torture devices. Say the Iron Maiden or what not. Some people are pretty extreme.
Paul
Solid Steel

Male-Human- 40ish

More metal than man, this mercenary has slowly moved into the Shadows scene looking to expand his repetoire. A veteran of countless conflcits with the scars to show from them, his nick name was given to him by the Merc community as a joke.A gun collector, and a serious minded man he is highly disciplined, motivated and dangerous.

Notable Skills Extensive weapons training, close combat, familiarized or certified with most military vehicles and weapon systems.

Notable wetware: More machine than man, Steel has been wounded innumerable times in the line fo duty. Most of his body has been replaced several times.

Piotor

Male-human-Appears early thirtish

Never using one name more than once Piotor is a face. Capable of emulating nearly accent, or assuming any identity little is known who he really is, or if Piotor is even his real name. It is believed he is a former Eastren Block or Soviet operative, but even that may be a lie. skilled in any social situation he is also a fierce fighter if need be, and skilled in small arms.

Notable Skills World class social skills, excellent fighting skills, and a wide variety of knowledge and active skills. Fluent in a variety of languages.
Deamon_Knight
Zeuvembie

Why did I just get an image of her and HMVV Hunter accidently getting fixed up on a Blind Date, hilarity ensues.
TimeKeeper
Let's see if I can give this a shot...
TimeKeeper

Male, Human, mid- to late-twenties

A lesser known leader from a now lost Otaku tribe, TK has turned his skills to a new business venture, Fixer. Forced to deal with Fading, among other things, TK finally grew up and started working his contacts for gear and markers. Still a good tech-head and computer wiz, TimeKeeper deals in info, gear and good old fashioned cred.

Notable Skills: Computers, negotiation

=============

Glimmer Man

Unknown

It's unknown who or what The Glimmer Man is. Most of the people who've had contact with him give varying reports, ranging from a cajun ork, to a Tir princess, to some 12-year old kid from Chicago. All that's know is that The Glimmer Man can get you anything. Even the Gingerbread Man has reportedly had dealings with him, claiming that Glimmer had an Akido-class carrier available to purchase.

Notes:It's no coinidence that this guy's name is abreivated GM. Glimmer can get you anything you want, no questions asked. However it's up to you to maintain it. You want that aircraft carrier? Sure, just explain how you got one of their carriers to the Japanese Navy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012