Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Open Source" PnP development
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Demonseed Elite
Interesting article on the psuedo-open source development of the latest version of the Paranoia RPG. After my time on Shadowland, I always kinda dreamed in the back of mind that such a thing could happen with Shadowrun, though with so many layers of ownership involved in SR these days (Topps/Wizkids/FanPro Germany/FanPro US) I realize it's not likely to happen. Still, was an interesting article, even if the fancy HTML tends to not display properly in Firefox.
Nyxll
I think I would have a joygasm if shadowrun entered some kind of open source development. One of the problems could be where the main stream developers decide to take the line, the good thing is that you can just branch, and start your own.

The main bad thing would be a lack of source books. Although pdf's are awesome for looking stuff up and utility, there is nothing like having a nice book to read at the camp, or at a game. I find books so much easier to read, I just wish they had a text search option. I am still trying to compile a 2.5R that meshes things together with various great gems I have plucked from these very boards.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012