Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone used this software for SR before?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dustbin1_UK
Has anyone ever used this for their games.

Any feed back would be nice! biggrin.gif
Nyxll
I tried installing it, but then backed out. I have talked to many people that have used it, and found that IRC with dice rollers works pretty much as well. I think the mapping would be handy, but not worth all of the work. AFAIK, an MSN meeting with whiteboard would be just as effective.
ShadowDragon8685
It's the only way some of us get to play. Ask Aku, maybe he's looking for more players. But our play times would be well into monday morning for you.
Dustbin1_UK
It's the only way some of us get to play. Ask Aku, maybe he's looking for more players. But our play times would be well into monday morning for you.

That's also my issue. I cannot find local players here in Leicester UK and as such am looking for good alternatives. frown.gif
Aku
Yes,as was said, i do use it. I like it, more than IRC myself, because it lets you put up maps, use mini's and various other things like that.
Fygg Nuuton
I dislike openRPG.

Infact, I would rather use a spork to remove my eye than use it.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Fygg Nuuton)
I dislike openRPG.

Infact, I would rather use a spork to remove my eye than use it.

Why?
kryton
What's your address I'll mail you some sporks and a disposable camera...
Nikoli
it's about as user friendly as a color wheel to a blind man.
ShadowDragon8685
It's user friendly. It's just not an idiot's program. We're not talking DOS here, but we're not talking chimpanzee, either.
Nikoli
DOS I get, SQL i get, most software I pick up on intuitively. After numerous attempts to use that software, I decided it wasn't worth it. It's not intuitive.
Aku
i think it's easy enough to use...

/me to emote

brackets anysort of roll you want, like [1d6]

i donno, <shrug>
Dustbin1_UK
Ok! Let's put it to the vote.

Go here to add your opinion.biggrin.gif
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (Nikoli)
DOS I get, SQL i get, most software I pick up on intuitively. After numerous attempts to use that software, I decided it wasn't worth it. It's not intuitive.

Atleast i'm not the only one
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (kryton @ Aug 3 2005, 03:05 PM)
What's your address I'll mail you some sporks and a disposable camera...

I'll take the sporks. I've got a camera. Fyggy's running a game for me , and doesn't live that far away. Since he's in Vegas anyways, shouldn't be that hard to get him good and drunk. From there, it's only a matter of time 'till the sporks come out. wink.gif

Give my ally spirit 'create food' will ya'? I'll show you! mad.gif
*nurses grudge*
ShadowDragon8685
HOW is OpenRPG not intuitive? It's the easiest thing in the world!
Jrayjoker
Different strokes for different folks, I can't figure anything out without a manual.
Aku
there is an online manual... i suppose ya want actual paper?
Jrayjoker
No, bunnyskin velum and written with the tears of a jackalope.
hobgoblin
only thing that can be a pain in openrpg is creating a nice character sheet nyahnyah.gif

oh, and maybe installing it (3 sepearate installs, come on) silly.gif

other then that its nice and simple wink.gif
Dustbin1_UK
pity it does not allow speech (via a microphone) to be transmitted. Though I suppose MSN could get over that issue. wobble.gif
Demonseed Elite
I haven't used OpenRPG in a long time, but I think it's a great idea. With the way the PnP gaming industry is moving, with aging customers who tend to be more spread out, I think if a game can integrate a way to play online, they win.
Dustbin1_UK
With the way the PnP gaming industry is moving, with aging customers who tend to be more spread out

I fear this is so as well. I find it really depressing it is like this. frown.gif
Nikoli
You said it had a help reference file...
That wouldn't be the dead link now would it?
Ed_209a
I have used WebRPG once, to suppliment my PnP SR game. It was a solo adventure, and I didn't want to keep my other players out of the loop on the usual day.

the dice rollers were convenient, and the chat function wasn't too bad.

So, all in all, I'd do it again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012