Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's ALIVE
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nyxll
I have several crazy ... or more likely stupid ideas what need kicking around.

1. Golems:

Magical Baddies that are just purely animated death.

First the mage requires a formula to create the golem. Rules apply to create the formula similar to making foci. It requires Magical Theory and library.
The golem created cannot be of a greater force than the formula.

This large metal beasty would require a bumber alchemical of redicals = force x 10 units. (which is used for the skeleton) Creating the skeleton is an Artificing (enchanting) test TN force x 2. Time is force weeks divided by successes. An enchanting shop is required.

The rest of the golem can be made refined materials. and requires force x 100 units
Creating the rest of the body is an artificing test TN force. It becomes bonded to the skeleton. Time is force months divided by successes. An enchanting shop is required. (must be made from a hard metal)

After the automation is created it must be bonded. Which requires another enchanting test TN 2 x force. The karma invested is karma investment = force x2 (it can be reduced to a minimum of force with units of oricalcum.

Once bonded the golem becomes a dual natured being. It obeys only its master, by verbal command. It will only perform its rating in services a month

Stats
b = force x2
q = force
s = force x2
c = force /2
i = force /2
w = force

They have hardened armour rating = force x 2

I could not find the rules for making homoncolus ?sp so I made some up.
I am sure that someone could whip up a mystical manual of golem making.
Herald of Verjigorm
What you should be looking for is listed in the ally spirits section of MitS. Special foci used to give a physical form to ally spirits that don't have materialization (but do have inhabiting).
Ancient History
Did that once. Second section of the Dead Man's Book, I think. Homunculus rules are p.108, Magic in the Shadows.
SL James
Why don't you just use the stats for "Prague's Golems" on page 225 of Shadows of Europe?
Nyxll
Why don't you just use the stats for "Prague's Golems" on page 225 of Shadows of Europe?

didn't know about them
SL James
Good reason.
nick012000
Western dragon with a pair of dikoted cyberspurs.

61S damage on a successful melee attack.

Then you give it grade 4 move-by-wire and grade 6 reaction enhancers because it rolls Reaction dice for all of its attacks. Can you say 21 dice + 13 Combat Pool?

Then the PCs die.

As for why it got the cyber... it lacks Magical Skills, and it wanted something to level the playing field against other dragons, a.k.a. a cybernetic draconic penis enhancer. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012