Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to get SR4 quickly at the release date?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ankh-le-fixer
Sorry to ask it another time but I don't have seen any "real" answer.

I live in France and I'm wondering about a way to get a copy of SR4 as soon as it's released. Lots of US online store lists it as preorder but did they get it quick (and that add delivery time). Did you know one which is reliable and trustfull? I dont care about shipment price all I care is having my SR4 on time and dont wait a month before seing it in my favorite RPG store in Paris.

Will Battlecorps have a pdf version of SR4 at the release date?

Finally I wish I can buy a limited edition, lots of online store list it as preorder but I think it will be available in very limited quantities so how all these stores can have it?

Thanks in advance for the answers
Vairdic
The BattleShop will have the book available for preorder soon. We get the books directly from Studio2 on the release date (they stagger-ship so all distributors & the retailers that Studio2 serves directly get the books on the same date). Our policy is to turn around and send the books to the customers within 24-48 hours after we get them. That means if we get a book on a monday, you could see it by the end of the week if you live in the US and use Priority mail. Obviously international take longer. We are currently exploring adding Global Priority for our international customers.

We will be selling a PDF version, though I don't have an expected date for that.

I'll look into the limited edition question.
Synner
Try FanPro's F-Shop in Germany. They had Loose Alliances in faster than most American stores and they will certainly be shipping English-language version of SR4.
chevalier_neon
Excuse me, but I have just checked the F-shop website, and if I am not mistaken, "Nachlieferungen nur innerhalb Deutschlands" means that they don't deliver abroad, right ?
See, Ankh, I told you you should have learnd more german than what you did for your A Levels... You won't be able to get a SR4 copy in time.... biggrin.gif ... By the way, me neither...
Could this be confirmed by a german speaker, as it's been a long time I am not praticing german anymore ?
Thanks
Serbitar
Negative. F-Shop delivers abroad.

"Nachsendung nur innerhalb Deutschlands" means they only ship it to your new adress in Germany when you moved. If you live outside Germany just dont move somewhere else till you get it.
Cheops
And I think Germany and Europe is the only places that play SR anymore so everyone else has to tell their local store to order it or to screw the community and buy online
mintcar
I want to buy my hardcopy localy even if I have to wait. But that makes it very important that the pdf is up in good time. I want to be able to have a digital copy in my possesion at most a few days after Gencon.
ankh-le-fixer
QUOTE (chevalier_neon)
Excuse me, but I have just checked the F-shop website, and if I am not mistaken, "Nachlieferungen nur innerhalb Deutschlands" means that they don't deliver abroad, right ?
See, Ankh, I told you you should have learnd more german than what you did for your A Levels... You won't be able to get a SR4 copy in time.... biggrin.gif ... By the way, me neither...
Could this be confirmed by a german speaker, as it's been a long time I am not praticing german anymore ?
Thanks

Negative. F-Shop delivers abroad.

"Nachsendung nur innerhalb Deutschlands" means they only ship it to your new adress in Germany when you moved. If you live outside Germany just dont move somewhere else till you get it.

may be we can go back to school to take german lessons alltogether dear Chevalier, you seem to need it too biggrin.gif
chevalier_neon
*I was fearing this reply*
Ok, ok... So, in the end, this doesn't help us to have any date of release in Europe...
Synner
QUOTE (chevalier_neon @ Aug 4 2005, 03:35 PM)
Ok, ok... So, in the end, this doesn't help us to have any date of release in Europe...

Huh? You've just been told you can order it from F-Shop and have it delivered (in Europe) - from prior experience I'd say it takes 3-4 days from release date (which has been only a week off compared to the US in all recent releases). If that fails try Leisure Games in London, they ship to Europe and also take about a week tops after they recieve it.
ankh-le-fixer
thanks a lot Synner
I will try these
Steadfast
The following is highly speculative, the gist is, you'll probably get it faster through the f-shop than through your local dealer. I honestly do hope I am way of the mark and would be happy to apologize later.

Interestingly, the FanPro Germany Shop, the "F-Shop" has the FanPro US Products usually way before the retailers got them. In fact the F-Shop got some books listed as available, which I as a shop employee can not order from FanPro Germany directly, as it is "currently OOS".
I'd say it would be, because FanPro makes more money from the shop than by sending the goods to the retailers, but that would be bad form, wouldn't it?

So I settle for the fact that you probably will get the goods from the fraggin F-shop rather fast but I do hope, being it after all fanproUS releasing the RPG, that the states get them this time at least faster through their FLGS than through the F-shop.
It would be the decent thing.

Regards
Daniel

chevalier_neon
QUOTE (Synner)
QUOTE (chevalier_neon @ Aug 4 2005, 03:35 PM)

Huh? You've just been told you can order it from F-Shop and have it delivered (in Europe) - from prior experience I'd say it takes 3-4 days from release date (which has been only a week off compared to the US in all recent releases). If that fails try Leisure Games in London, they ship to Europe and also take about a week tops after they recieve it.

Sorry Synner, that's not what I was complaining/moaning about. What I was complaining about is the answer of Ankh... I was laughing at his German, but I also did a fumble on my German skill...
But this is good news for the U.K. as I am over there... So Ankh, who will be the first ? wink.gif
And thanks again for the tip Synner.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012