Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan the Flames
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FrostyNSO
I was just browsing the job openings at FASA Studios.

I noticed a few references to Real-Time engines and environments. What caught my eye at first was under the Environment Artist listing:

"Can you drive the creation of unforgettable city environments on the XBOX?"

Doesn't really tell us anything...Just thought I'd throw this out there.
FrostyNSO
Interestingly, there looks to be no Shadowrun game on the Xbox360 game list (yet), nor is FASA Studios listed as a publishing partner. Does Microsoft own FASA?
Adam
Microsoft owns FASA Studios.
FrostyNSO
Got it!
imperialus
QUOTE (Adam)
Microsoft owns FASA Studios.

hence the reason that MechWarrior, and Crimson Sky have both been published by Microsoft. I like both MechWarrior 4 and the X-Box release of Crimson Sky, say what you will about Micro$oft but they hire some very talented developers and am interested in seeing what they will do with Shadowrun... Gameplay similar to Deus Ex would be cool though, more focus on role playing and less on powerup grabs would be nice.
CirclMastr
What would NOT be cool would be the game released as an XBox 360 exclusive. I will kill whoever I must in order to get a PC release.
Panzergeist
Check Gamespy. It has a listing for it. Doesn't say anything about the game, except that it's for the Xbox 360, but it says its confirmed.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (CirclMastr)
What would NOT be cool would be the game released as an XBox 360 exclusive. I will kill whoever I must in order to get a PC release.

hard to tell. the xbox was a x86 pc in a diffrent wrapping, so the porting was more or less straight forward. therefor while halo was xbox exclusive it still got released for pc later. therefor im guessing that being exclusive for a console do not eliminate the pc as its a diffrent market, atleast for microsoft.

but as the xbox360 is a multiprosessor powerpc system its more then likely that any porting will be more difficult. therefor its hard to tell if the game will get ported...

its funny realy that apple is moving to x86 while every nextgen console will use some variant on the ibm power core design...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012