Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 DELAYED!?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tai-Pan
I stopped in to the closest dedicated game store (Lots of random places around here carry a range of RPG's and the like but they are mostly Comic shops or teen hang outs with a LAN and some RPG stuff) to my current location and was chatting with the owner about assorted the things. most of the conversation wasn't relevant but he did mention an E-mail he had received that morning that said SR4 would be delayed into Mid-September due to "Printing Issues."

Anyone else hear anything about this?

Critias
OMG!!!
blakkie
QUOTE (Critias)
OMG!!!

What? You put a deposit down when you preordered?
fistandantilus4.0
say it isn't so

This would be a serious cramp. I'd be very suprised if they acutally let it get delayed, as they don't have any more projects anywhere near as important as this one. Of course, all the rest of their stuff is delayed, but you'd think they'd move Heaven and Hell to get this one out on time.

But on the plus side, maybe this way they'll get System Failure out first! biggrin.gif
Critias
Meh. The whole rumor's just someone blowin' smoke -- there's no way they won't release it at Gencon. The thing's already at the printers, people. Missing their much-hyped Gencon release date would be shooting themselves in the foot far more seriously than any sub-par product could do alone.
blakkie
They could still release at Gencon, but still not get the whole of the print run done and shipped to retail till mid-September. Start of Sept. is the earliest you'd expect it at retail anyway. Slipping 10 days wouldn't be that hard, especially with a long weekend at the start of Sept.
Jrayjoker
Well, that would be seriosly dissappointing. Does anyone know if there is a limited run set for GenCon release? Is it just the stuff getting shipped to the stores that is late?
blakkie
My FLGS has always had an expected arrival date of Sept. 30. If it's a few weeks later it isn't the end of the world. It isn't like you can't read it before then. If you really feel you must there are ways.

Speaking of which i wonder when the PDF will go up for sale?
Demonseed Elite
Keep in mind that seeing copies at GenCon doesn't mean it will be in your local gaming store the day after GenCon. It's fairly common for games to do short print runs specifically for the trade show. Mage: the Awakening from White Wolf is doing that for GenCon Indy, for example.
otaku mike
QUOTE (Tai-Pan)
(...) SR4 would be delayed into Mid-September due to "Printing Issues."

I don't see anything shocking in there.
SR4 will be released for the 1st time during Gencon (late August). It was never said that it would be simultaneously available worldwide. That would actually diminish the interest into coming to Gencon to pick up one of the first released books.
Transportation issues and other distribution realities will make sure that SR4 will be in stores only later, a couple weeks at best, probably a month or more elsewhere. This definitively sounds like mid-septemberish to me.
Shadow
Amazon.com doesn't have it availible till August 28 on pre-order. And thats the Hardbound edition.
Slacker
As was mentioned in another thread, you shouldn't pay any attention to the release dates for things on amazon.com, especially not for roleplaying related material.

Also, I believe FanPro has said both the regular and the special edition of SR4 are supposed to be hardbound.
Demonseed Elite
Yep, they will all be hardbound.
Shadow
If they are all hardbound whats the diff between reg and specal?
Jrayjoker
Cover art and 16 extra pages. And sweet, sweet prestige!

rotate.gif
hunter5150
I wonder if the special edition will be available sooner than the standard edition, and will it be avalable shortly after Gencon?
Slacker
I would imagine the the special edition has a smaller audience and hence lower priority. So I sincerely doubt it will be available before teh regular edition.
Demonseed Elite
I dunno about that. The special edition will have a much smaller print run, so it'd be easier to get out faster. And I imagine they will want to have special edition copies on hand at GenCon, since that was where many of the special edition copies were supposed to be sold.

But I really don't know, one way or the other.
fistandantilus4.0
I know I want the special edition. I'll pay the extra $15 just to avoid that cover!

Don't suppose anyone has any shots of it BTW?
blakkie
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 10 2005, 09:49 PM)
I know I want the special edition. I'll pay the extra $15 just to avoid that cover!

Don't suppose anyone has any shots of it BTW?

It is a foil holographic image of the regular cover. The cyberspur looks 10x better in it. It looks so real you find yourself believing you'd bleed if you reached out and touched it.

[ Spoiler ]
otaku mike
My understanding, though I could be wrong, was that the picture was the same. The difference was a stamped foil effect on the cover. I think that could mean a stamped metal highlight of some features of the cover, most probably the logo-title, maybe the circuitry in the background, and it's very unlikely that anything would be done on the illustration itself. Again, that's only the way I understood it.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 10 2005, 11:22 PM)

She isn't a natural brunette.

rotfl.gif

How do you know? Does she have a bottle of hair dye in her pocket or something? Do you know here sister? wink.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 10 2005, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 10 2005, 11:22 PM)

She isn't a natural brunette.

rotfl.gif

How do you know? Does she have a bottle of hair dye in her pocket or something? Do you know here sister? wink.gif

Hint: The answer is already in that post. Damn i hate it when i have to explain [alledged] humour. frown.gif
mfb
irony, meet the mold from which thou wert cast.
fistandantilus4.0
ouch. I was trying to be funny. Thanks Blakkie, now I feel like a failure. Hafta start going to self help groups for people that think they're funnny. (wanna come!?) biggrin.gif
blakkie
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
ouch. I was trying to be funny. Thanks Blakkie, now I feel like a failure. Hafta start going to self help groups for people that think they're funnny. (wanna come!?) biggrin.gif

This week's meeting is already scheduled for my place.
blakkie
QUOTE (mfb)
irony, meet the mold from which thou wert cast.

You are free to come too, but i know you are busy that night with a meeting here of your "Posting On A Board Of A Game I Don't Intend To Play" group. cyber.gif
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (blakkie)
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 11 2005, 01:57 AM)

I'll bring the doughnuts. wobble.gif
imperialus
QUOTE (blakkie @ Aug 11 2005, 12:16 PM)

Yes, this week we are trying to get Blakkie to stop the $&%^# puns. We have one of those shock collers you use to stop your dog from barking hooked up to a remote control. It'll be great fun.
Zen Shooter01
Can we get a company man to weigh in on this thread? If I don't have to budget for SR4 that weekend, then I'll have more money for the gun show that's in Orlando on those same dates...

Will SR4 be available in Atlanta the first weekend of September? (Meaning at Dragoncon, for those of you not hip to the con schedule...)
Whizbang
Delayed until mid-september...so much for getting it at Dragon*Con. frown.gif
Nikoli
Well, I'm hoping my FLGS was accurate in their release date of August 30th. If not, eh c'est la vie.
Overwatch
Zen shooter? Are you trying to bag yourself a classy lady? If so, good thinking on holding off for those gun show tickets.

"The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show..." Ron Burgundy
Zen Shooter01
I'm trying to bag rear flip-up sights for my M4, and a copy of SR4. If I don't have to do it the same weekend, things will be easier.

Whizbang: If a limited print run is finished in time for GenCon, then there might be copies at Dragoncon, regardless of the fact that the street date for the rest of the world is later in September.
Shadow
Flip up sights? Nice.

I keep hoping I can someday afford a G36 compact. Sigh, just need 5k.
Zen Shooter01
I have holo, but in bright sunlight -- say, 1 lighting condition out of 10, but I do live in Florida, after all -- the holo sight washes out. So I want the flip-up as a fall-back.

There are some very nice rifles for less than 5k. Look at the Springfield Armory SOCOM II, or any M4 clone.

I'm sorry, I see you live in wilderness Alaska. Look into any Barret .50 BMG. Which will be very expensive, but there's less chance of a Kodiak sticking it up your fundament. wink.gif
Overwatch
A good rifle is a fine investment. Especially something like an M4 or a G36C. Guns like that are only going to get more rare and expensive as time goes on. If you have the rest of your financials covered, picking up some good iron is a smart move.

Good call on the Barret, and maybe a 10mm pistol, for those wolves that sneak up on you while you are drawing a bead on that kodiak smile.gif

As a side note, H&K is opening a small facility in GA. That might change the import restrictions for guns like the G36C.
Solstice
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Yep, they will all be hardbound.

My distributor is telling me different. Care to elaborate or quote some sources? Thanks,
Demonseed Elite
Look at the new SR4 FAQ up on the official site. SR4 is hardcover, both limited and standard edition. The limited edition is "specially bound" (not really sure what that means) and foil-stamped.
Toa
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
The limited edition is "specially bound" (not really sure what that means)

Faux-leather.
Nikoli
Aw man, do you know how many Naugas will die because of this?
Demonseed Elite
Faux-leather.

In the case of a Shadowrun book, would that be synthleather? cool.gif
Grimtooth
Genuine imitation naugahyde...right off the vinyl's ass!!!!!
kryton
Yeah know this is going to be total BS. If they have it finished and there is a "printing" delay, going with a digital format requires no priniting thus it should still be available for download at Gencon? Hmmmmmm

I wonder if it's a "printing delay" we'll have to see?
kryton
Answer given: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=9383
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012