Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 FAQ #6
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bull
SR4 FAQ Part 6

Figured start up a shiney new thread for this info smile.gif

Bull
Slacker
Good thing they tried to fit as much material as possible in the corebook, because it sounds like a while before even the Street Magic book will come out, let alone the SR4 of Man&Machine.

I like that the .pdf will be available Wednesday. That will help those who can't make it to GenCon.
Lindt
The problem is you get a taste of the fun stuff, and you get about ** this much of it. Sure, covering initation in the core book is great and all, but when you only list 4 or 5 metamagics, its kinda a "meh, thats all I get for a gross spending of my hard earned karma?".

Dashifen
Meh -- until the "real" rules come out, just adapt the metamagices from 3E. It's not that hard to make a house rule for the details that aren't in the 4E rulebook.
Lindt
But I shouldent 'have' to do that. I hate seeing things go off halfassed. Either make me drool with the endless possibilities, or dont other to show them to me.

Yes, Im angey and havent had my morning coffee yet. Byte me.
mintcar
woopie. Great news about the pdf! Seems they fitted the most important stuff too. Now a new player wont feel that essential things are obviously left out like with SR3.
Zen Shooter01
Hot goddamn sonofab!tch! PDF next Wednesday! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

But I will be at work until Thursday! mad.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
Hot goddamn sonofab!tch! PDF next Wednesday! Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

But I will be at work until Thursday! mad.gif

What you can't download it at work? I know I will. smile.gif
Jrayjoker
I just got DSL. I can DL it anywhere I want. Me so happy!
Shadow
Ok, that was the best written FAQ of the bunch. They all should have been written so well. It could only have been better if it had actually said something about SR4 that hasn't already been said.
Sabosect
Well, this proves my theory. Good FAQs only come about from practice handing out the same information.
Adam
QUOTE (Shadow)
Ok, that was the best written FAQ of the bunch. They all should have been written so well. It could only have been better if it had actually said something about SR4 that hasn't already been said.

yeah -- unfortunately, I wrote the FAQ well before Origins, and posting it got eternally delayed, so most of the info in it was already released at Origins. Ah, well. Such is life.
Backgammon
Does anyone (Vairdic, Adam?) know if there are plans for a PDF+Book bundle deal for SR4?
Cain
I believe that Adam mentiones as much on a thread at the RPG.net forums. It's going to be availiable through Battlecorps.
Phoniex
Aww no new game information:( I guess i will have to wait another week. But i will forever treasure my swordfish mustardball.

Also can you just skip any and all other SR4 books until you get out street magic.. and then a combined M&M/CC would be very nice. Thanks! Cya.. god next Thursday at the con! WOOT spin.gif
blakkie
PDF goes on sale -before- you can buy the book at GenCon? Cool, i might actually purchase that.

Also very good to see they managed to shoe-horn edges & flaws, initiation, athletics rules (!), and even a few criters into the main book. Hope they got a similar sized slice of vehicles and weapons in too.

Only a 1,000 limited editions? Adam, are you going to sell as many as you can at Gencon? Or is their a fixed number you are holding back for web orders and retail distribution channel orders?
Adam
There are a mininim number for the distribution channel, based on pre-orders, and we don't expect to sell the remainder at GenCon. I don't have a solid number as to how many will be held for web sales, but it will be, oh, more than a dozen, and less than 1,000. wink.gif
Shadow
QUOTE (Adam)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Aug 12 2005, 11:43 AM)

yeah -- unfortunately, I wrote the FAQ well before Origins, and posting it got eternally delayed, so most of the info in it was already released at Origins. Ah, well. Such is life.

Yeah such is, But kudos on an excellent writing job. You should write all the press releases for FP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012