Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [LooseAlliances] Stone cutters?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Snow_Fox
ok I got a chance to really read through some of the stuff I'd skipped over before and I came apon the "Stone Cutters." Who owns up for that one? I can understand the idea of setting up a dwarven ol' boys club but " the Stone Cutters?"

come on. Everyone knows they changed to the "No Homers" years ago.
Ancient History
Not guilty.
Grinder
Had the same thoughts. Not the best usage of space in the book.
winterhawk11
Ah, well--can't win 'em all, I guess. Folks seemed to like my Tamanous and pro- and anti-meta stuff, so I can live with you guys picking on the Stonecutters.

I kinda liked 'em, though. Dwarfs just seemed natural to be Masons. smile.gif

BTW, who are the "No Homers"? That one sailed right over my head, I'm afraid.
Ancient History
There was an episode of "The Simpsons" where a group of pseudo-Masons known as the Stonecutters accepted Homer as a member. He promptly trashed their sacred relic, and then they found out he was their mythical leader. Typical Homerisms ensued. Eventually, the entire group left and formed a new 'secret' group called the "No Homers Club" (note -ers...they let in Homer Gumble).

[/edit] And hey...I like 'em. nyahnyah.gif
hermit
I kinda liked them too. So the name was actually a coincidence, then?

And Winterhawk, you wrote the pro/anti-Meta-stuff? Might I ask if you indeed are American? Just wondering.
JongWK
I kinda liked 'em, though.  Dwarfs just seemed natural to be Masons. smile.gif

BTW, who are the "No Homers"? That one sailed right over my head, I'm afraid.

I kinda liked them.

By the way, I have a Mason friend who laughed the hell out of it.

The "No Homer" is a Simpsons reference, a hilarious chapter where Homer is admitted into a Masonic-style group (which, by the way, is called the Stonecutters).
winterhawk11
I guess I can only have one reply to that:

D'oh! biggrin.gif

Yeah, it was a coincidence. I don't follow the Simpsons much, alas.

And yes, hermit, I am an American.
JongWK
Do yourself a favor and watch that episode. It's absolutely fantastic, especially when they sing the secret song. biggrin.gif

(I actually ripped off a couple of lines for SoLA, but they were cut off in the edits)
SL James
QUOTE (JongWK)
(I actually ripped off a couple of lines for SoLA, but they were cut off in the edits)

Only a couple? Five years ago my buddy made up a song about our gaming group based on that song.
Paul
QUOTE (winterhawk11 @ Aug 16 2005, 10:49 AM)
Ah, well--can't win 'em all, I guess. Folks seemed to like my Tamanous and pro- and anti-meta stuff, so I can live with you guys picking on the Stonecutters.

You were Tamanous? Like is a mild word for what I felt when that hit bud. Love in a completely non sexual fashion that isn't distrubing really might actually fit the bill better.
Snow_Fox
I liked the Tamanous stuff. I even liked the idea of the dwarven contact group. It was just the name that I'll have to change if we use them in a game. I say "You're contact is from the Stone cutters" and we're all thinking Monty Burns in a red robe.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
I liked the Tamanous stuff. I even liked the idea of the dwarven contact group. It was just the name that I'll have to change if we use them in a game. I say "You're contact is from the Stone cutters" and we're all thinking Monty Burns in a red robe.

Sounds like I need to work on my Cultural Literacy skill, huh? smile.gif

Glad you liked the Tamanous stuff, though!
Blacken
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do!
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg--a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night. biggrin.gif
Snow_Fox
LOL you saved me from digging up the lyrics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012