Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Three Trolls
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ancient History
Hellboy
Hellboy is, in many ways, closest to a Shadowrun troll. An artificial arm. The stares and alienation from other people. Concern about his appearence, leading him to keep his horns trimmed. A life of secretive wanderings battling monsters and magicians.

Hell, give this guy a Johnson and he's a runner.

Skull the Troll
This PvP favorite emphasizes the big heart that trolls have, as well as the playful nature of children. Trolls in Shadowrun mature physically much more quickly than humans, so it's perfectly reasonable to have a child in the body of someone who can replace the entire front line on a football team.
Don't let Skull fool you, though. When push comes to shove, he can and will throw down...wander through the archives and see the little souvenir Skull kept from his battle with the Ape King...

Sgt. Detritus
Detritus acknowledges that he's thick. But he's also a damn good copper. This is Terry Pratchett's Discworld version of Winston Marrs, and like all good trolls he's inhumanly strong, tough and intimidating. Which is why he gets to hold the big gun and act like a human seige weapon.
Nyxll
I think some professional wrestlers are also modern day versions or trolls. Big, strong and not the brightest. I swear some of them even have abnormal growths.
Trax
Detritus's weapon IS a Siege weapon.
Snow_Fox
In the movie Sin City the thug who avenged "blondie" seemed a troll.

In the TV serries Dark Angel, the dog boy (Jonathan?) seemed to fill that niche.

In the James Bond movies [I]Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me the character of Jaws.

If you want litterary, Asprin's Myth Inc serries has the character of Chumley the Troll, who's working name is "Big Crunch." Chumley is from Trollia, where the men are Trolls and the Women are Trollops.
Velocity
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
In the movie Sin City the thug who avenged "blondie" seemed a troll.

You mean Marv? Christ, Marv is totally a troll. A troll with Pain Dampeners out the wazoo and an Adrenal Pump the size of my fist.
SkeevePlowse
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
If you want litterary, Asprin's Myth Inc serries has the character of Chumley the Troll, who's working name is "Big Crunch." Chumley is from Trollia, where the men are Trolls and the Women are Trollops.

While yeah, he is a troll, I'd feel bad about giving Chumley an Intelligence and Charisma penalty, you know? I mean, c'mon - he's more cultured and thoughtful than most humans.

Although I have no trouble at all assigning Tananda +5 Body and +4 Strength.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (SkeevePlowse)
I mean, c'mon - he's more cultured and thoughtful than most humans.

Most humans: int 3 cha 3 (+-1)
Troll max without exceptional attribute edges: int 5 cha 5
SkeevePlowse
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
QUOTE (SkeevePlowse @ Aug 15 2005, 11:02 PM)
I mean, c'mon - he's more cultured and thoughtful than most humans.

Most humans: int 3 cha 3 (+-1)

Fair enough. I'll give you that one.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)

Eh? Their base max is 4(6) without any additional rules. They have a -2 modifier to both for their Racial Modified Limit, and Attribute Maximums are +50% the RML.

Orks are 5(7). Maybe you had them a little confused. smile.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
Ah, I was accidentally applying a -3 to those attributes. Noticing that it is still -2, the possibility of a cultured troll is slightly easier.
Ancient History
Never met a troll social adept yet, have ya?
SkeevePlowse
I can't say that I have.
Fix-it
I for one would love to see Sgt. Detritus go Toe-to-toe with Mr. Pump. the golem.

They'd have to rebuild the city again, probably.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012