Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Buzzkill", WTF?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
blakkie
Hopefully the first section listed in the TOC isn't about parental interuption of masturbation. Is this TOC for the limited edition book, and this i the extra fiction section? Or is this just a mood setting fiction piece, with an extremely ironic name, that everyone gets?

P.S. Does anyone else find the heavy use of word jokes and apostrophes in the Life On The Edge sections unsettling? The "Ghouls and Spirits and Dragons—Oh My!" especially grates on me, it just feels tired and old. Or am i just being a....buzzkill? frown.gif
nezumi
Fortunately, buzzkill has a slightly more encompassing meaning and is based off of the 'buzz' that arises from consuption of alcohol and how a bad piece of reality can quickly bring you back from that. But I suspect you already knew that nyahnyah.gif

I don't mind the word jokes. While they're a little corny, it shows me that the authors enjoyed themselves when making the game, and if they enjoyed what they were doing, hopefully I'll enjoy being part of that as well. Plus, Shadowrun is great because of its character. As long as the corny one-liners don't proliferate through the main text, we'll survive.
hobgoblin
i must say that i like rpg books that can get me chuckleing (sp?) or outright laughing from small comments made on the side of the topic nyahnyah.gif

i kinda wish they copyed one thing from say cyberpunk 2020 main, those small comment areas on the side of the text. my fav so far from there are "whiskers, fur, claws and fangs, its like a generation of werewolfs" -police
"hey, werewolfs! i have to work on that" -streetdoc
(written from memory. meaning is mostly intact, words are not exact)
Adam
Buzzkill is the opening fiction in every book; not the closing fiction in the limited edition.
blakkie
QUOTE (Adam)
Buzzkill is the opening fiction in every book; not the closing fiction in the limited edition.

Ah, so the limited edition has the extra fiction at the end of the book. Thus keeping the same page numbers for everything else? Thanks for the info Adam.

i must say that i like rpg books that can get me chuckleing (sp?) or outright laughing from small comments made on the side of the topic

Maybe that is just what bothers me. I didn't laugh at the Oz reference, just groaned. In the bad way. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012