Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Echo: I know this Forum gets more traffic
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Paul
Click it. Youknow you want to. You won't regret it. And Doc Funkenstein and CD2.0 I would specifically love soemthing from you guys! And Kenada Ten! and ...Boy I just realized I better shut up or else I will have asked half the board. grinbig.gif
SL James
FYI: Apparently CD took off for parts unknown.

The plot looks cool, though. Bug City is one of the Second Edition books I heard about and HAD to get, and it'd be really fun to do this.

I'm thinking... Have you seen the opening credits of the Dawn of the Dead remake from last year? I saw that and the first thing that came to mind was, "Bug City!" (or shedim, but not really since AFAIK there was never one major attack).
Paul
QUOTE (SL James)

So I've heard. My assumption, and I think it's safe one really, is that he is simply posting under a new handle. I could be wrong, but I think I'm not.

It wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

The plot looks cool, though. Bug City is one of the Second Edition books I heard about and HAD to get, and it'd be really fun to do this.

Yeah thanks, so far all I have up is the rough outline. I plan on spending sometime refining it more.

I'm thinking... Have you seen the opening credits of the Dawn of the Dead remake from last year? I saw that and the first thing that came to mind was, "Bug City!" (or shedim, but not really since AFAIK there was never one major attack).

In fact I have. And I want to strive for that same general feel-the confusion, the fear, the anger: All of it. I want to overload the players with input. This will be a game about everyday people surviving horrible and terrifying events.

I think it will be fun for a one shot Halloween game.
Ancient History
QUOTE (SL James)

That's one way to put it.
Jrayjoker
We know where he is, it just ain't here.
Ancient History
<snort>
fistandantilus4.0
Paul: Are you looking for a PM, or just a post as-is (w/ Spoilers)? And are you looking for everything to be within content, or also jsut some random fluff ( and the severed head was found at the bottom of the elevator shaft. .... Good news for egg lovers!"
Paul
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Aug 17 2005, 11:13 PM)
Paul: Are you looking for a PM, or just a post as-is (w/ Spoilers)?

I will accept either or, as beggars can't be choosers. As I have players whomay follow this Fora, like Moo and Jim, I'd prefer a spoilers tag, as to keep them from reading it accidentally.

I think Posting asis would be easier for everyone else to see what somebody may have done.

As a side note anything that gets posted stands a chance of being recorded by the various voice actors I intend to recruit.

And are you looking for everything to be within content, or also jsut some random fluff ( and the severed head was found at the bottom of the elevator shaft.  .... Good news for egg lovers!"

Either or. I can use both. I plan on stringing some of this stuff together to be a continous radio broadcast in the background. So I'll be able to use any of it. I figure it will be just like in real life where not everyhting jives with the situation at hand.

which should result in some pretty surreal moments I think.
SL James
You mean like the official press conference held by the city and Eagle Security?
Paul
We could do that too. I'm searching for ideas here, and so far you've been a wealth!
northern lights
take the "radio broadcasts" from White Zombie's la sexorcisto devil's music volume 1 and adapt them.

the one that has "a transformed race of walking dead" seems like it could easily be changed to reflect bug spirits possessing people. i am greatly ashamed to admit that i can not recall the entirety of that or any of the other "broadcasts". oh how the mighty have fallen.
Paul
QUOTE (northern lights @ Aug 18 2005, 01:26 AM)
Take the "radio broadcasts" from White Zombie's la sexorcisto devil's music volume 1 and adapt them.

Not a bad idea.
CrystalBlue
Here's some ideas:

[ Spoiler ]

Just remember, everyone, that the best survival horror game in the world is still Silent Hill. Not number 4, though. That one sucked hard.
Paul
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks for the ideas so far! This game won't take place until Halloween weekend, so we have time to refine this.
Slacker
Oh come on, CrystalBlue's idea is great.
[ Spoiler ]
Paul
Like I said my players would literally lynch me. Tar. Feathers. Ropes. Nooses.

All kidding aside, they'd walk out of the game. And I wouldn't blame them.
Slacker
Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep it in mind for my own players. As I GM I think it's my responsibility to come up with new and interesting ways to torment my players.
Lady Door
Note to self: Never run for Slacker. *shudder*
Slacker
QUOTE (Plan B @ Aug 18 2005, 03:41 PM)
Note to self: Never run for Slacker. *shudder*

lol. Actually, I was exagerrating a little bit. I do like to throw new and interesting things at my players, but also tend to skew my rolls to make sure they don't die because of it. So it evens out in the end.

Its just, reading that idea, i couldn't stop myself from laughing at what my players would do if i threw it at them.
Kanada Ten
IIRC, there was a media blackout right after the bomb. Everything was played off as a VITAS outbreak on the official broadcasts, and (thought I need to confirm) everything else was jammed. That included cutting the Chicago LTG from the rest of the Matrix.

Therefore, I'd think you have to start with the reports of a VITAS outbreak and that "..everyone should stay indoors and wait for city health - OH MY GOD WHAT IS ARGHGHHGHGHGHGH ---" Hours of static.

Don't forget that a lot of the corps managed to pull their precious equipment and top executives so you'd also get corp radio play as they try to coordinate the escape (they could simply overpower the military jamming or piggyback or on security channels, "I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE DAMN DAYCARE! GET DOCTOR ISLIE OUT NOW! KNOCK HER OUT IF SHE WON'T LEAVE THEM BEHIND!" static "We've got orders, now light it up! - There's still people inside! - They won't be people much longer; now do it!" static.

If you can use a computer durning the game then I suggest recording some static and the broadcasts as mp3s and then playing the static on loop whenever they try to find something on the radio.

Now, the Matrix is the real playground. Trixcams and podcasts will be the real source of information. Maybe one of the characters trys to contact his family over the Matrix and can see into his home from the telecom and there's nothing moving, but blood everywhere on the walls spelling out "HELP US".

I'll keep thinking about it and check up in Bug City late tonight.
SL James
[ Spoiler ]
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (SL James)
I don't get it.

It's not like the Bugs kill indiscrimately. That defeats the whole purpose of them trying to reproduce.

I'm not sure who you're addressing here?

Remember that after the bomb there was a great deal of chaos for the invae as well. Many of their shamans and flesh queens were destroyed, making them semi-free and quite possibly insane. Their behavior is unpredictable under normal circumstances, so trying to ascribe behavior during this period is difficult at best. As an example, think about what happens when you step on an anthill or get too close to a wasp nest.

Also, it's possible that a specific insect has targeted the school as a possible way out for the queen. Perhaps one of the students is actually a mother or queen and is directing the hive to "encourage" the PCs to evacuate the children from the containment zone (thus freeing her).
Paul
That is true evil. I love it K10.
Supercilious
What day INGAME is this going to be taking place, and what time will it be starting, and what will the weather be like?
Paul
August 22nd 2055, which is a Sunday. I plan the weather to start out calm, sunny and cloudless until about midafternoon. Just after everything goes down things will start rapidly to cloud up, and get cooler. By the end of the first night it should rain.
CrystalBlue
You also have to remember that only a select few people are good hosts for the bugs. The UB was there to check that. They get bums and kids down on their luck to come int, they monitor them, then they test if it'll work. If a spirit doesn't hold, then do you think they'll just blank their memory and let them go? No no...you can't be that nice.

Alright...if my first idea doesn't fly, let's see if I can't pull out another one. I'd try these on my PC's, but they are rarely impressed by what I try in game. I don't think it's cause I can't impress them, it's that no one can impress them. They just out-right don't care. They care more about what their character had for breakfast or what they do in their spare time rather then actually running and playing the damn game. >.<

[ Spoiler ]
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (CrystalBlue)
Just remember, everyone, that the best survival horror game in the world is still Silent Hill.

So very true.
Not number 4, though.  That one sucked hard.

I will stab you until you stop talking heresy.

Working on something when I get the chance…

~J
TimeKeeper
I would love to be in a game like this, except that I have too much meta-plot knowledge to have fun in character.

And it would have to all about the surprise about stuff going down, and how many people know something's wrong when the GM says, "Make a normal person, not a runner."?

Paul
I guess I'm lucky, half my players are play testers, and of course those of you who went to Gen Con know who Moo is. I suspect however they'll do just fine keeping IC and OOC knowledge seperate.

Oh and Cb-thats econd idea will be getting used, I like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012