Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gen Con Report: SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bull
Couple quick notes:

1) I've run 12 demos in the last two days. One hour "Here's what's new in 4th ed" deals, plus if we still have the time, a quickie combat round. Each one's been booked, and about half have had a few extra folks standing around (or sitting if an extra chair was around) listening in.

2) If you demo'd with me, lemme know what you thought. I've had a blast the last couple days, even if my throat and voice are totally shot.

3) I'm heading off to the SR4 release party now to get liquored up and have fun. Wheeeeeeee smile.gif

4) SR4 rocks smile.gif

Bull
Dashifen
Do the demos require event tickets? 'Course, asking now probably won't help as you all are, as mentioned, getting liquored up, but perhaps someone else will know. See (some of) you tomorrow!
nezumi
It's 12am... I'm seriously considering getting liquored up too. Here's one to Shadowrun.
Bull
We've been doing 6 1-hour demo's each day. I've been putting out alittle sign up sheet, and it's mostly first come, first serve as far as sign ups go. I was allowing anyone who wanted to hang out and watch (generally standing room only for them) to do so. The demo's are at the FanPro booth, and they don't require event tickets. I'm not doing any tomorrow, buit other folks are taking over for me.

There have been/are a handful of SR4 games being run, and playing in a demo is a prereq for that. We have these neat "FanPro Demo" badges that have all three of FanPro's games on it, that shows you went through the demo. Well, theoretically, at least, since demoing Battletech nets you the same badge.

Bull
Athenor
Bull, you rock, esp. considering both of these threads.

I like what I read -- the base rules sound like in some cases, they are -more- realistic than the old game (in SOME cases)...

Sleep well, my man. Get in touch with me when you are able to, k?
Dashifen
Excellent. I have a four hour window at the Con this year before I have to return to Illinois (home) for a theatrical rehearsal. Damn the rest of my life for getting in the way of my gaming biggrin.gif Hopefully, I can get in on one of these demos you speak of.
Paul
How did Daki's game go Bull?
Bull
From what i heard, good. I was too busy to really check in on anything the GM crew was doing this year. I spent the majority of the con chained to a demo table at the booth smile.gif
DV8
QUOTE (Paul)
How did Daki's game go Bull?

I'm kind of curious about that one, myself.
Paul
Yeah considering what he told me about it, I had a lot of reservations at first, but in the end after I understood what he was driving for I thought it was both ambitous and cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012