Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A strange question...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Penta
Yeah, a bit early to ask, but...

How large are the print runs for SR4 supposed to be?

Which follows into...

How long until the second printing and, therefore, the first errata?
blakkie
More importantly [to me] is there a way i can prove ownership of my PDF so i can get an update with the errata incorporated? Or am i going to have to figure out how to edit the PDF myself?

I noticed that a couple of errata items have already been identified. One possible one in the ToC is "Initiative and End", likely should be "Edge" but nobody with the book has confirmed this yet. The other i noticed is conflicting Avail of the now beefier Ex-ex ammo, one value allows purchase during chargen and the other does not.
hahnsoo
Or the Force/Magic as the radius of area spells conflict. There are various references to either Force or Magic as the radius. The "Initiative and End" is indeed "Initiative and Edge" on page 134.

Another is the table error on page 336, where Essence, Capacity, Availability, and Cost are on the wrong columns.
the_dunner
QUOTE (blakkie)
More importantly [to me] is there a way i can prove ownership of my PDF so i can get an update with the errata incorporated? Or am i going to have to figure out how to edit the PDF myself?

Everytime DTRPG or Battlecorps get a new version of an existing PDF, they automatically send an e-mail out to people who've already bought it, to let them know to snag a new DL.

It's an amazingly handy feature. smile.gif
tirsales
As far as battlecorps or DriveThruRPG are the pdf sellers, you can download the pdf multiple times - so no need to incorporate errata smile.gif
EDIT: Okay, I was slower smile.gif
blakkie
Thanks for the info, and good to hear.
Jrayjoker
AFAIK Battle Corps limits the total number of DLs to seven. Do revised/errataed chenges count against that total?
Grinder
SR4 hopefully won't have 7 erratas.
Jrayjoker
Some of the books have had 15 printings with as many changes. Arguably, there have not been large content/rules changes in the latter printings, but changes none the less.
blakkie
QUOTE (Grinder @ Aug 22 2005, 01:55 PM)
SR4 hopefully won't have 7 erratas.

No, (EDIT: or maybe yes) but if the extra downloads are the only way to retrieve a copy from them if something goes seriously wrong on your end it would be bad to use up too many of the for errata. Even the best of backup systems have their flaws.

EDIT: BTW that comic is funny because it's troo. Suppositely it is based directly off somethig that actually happened (just not the same dialog), and it cost them a bag of money to have one of those data recovery labs recovery the info. smile.gif
Dashifen
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
AFAIK Battle Corps limits the total number of DLs to seven. Do revised/errataed chenges count against that total?

I think drivethru limits to five download, just fyi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012